Well Winter just won't give up this year. We had a record snowfall this year, with over a 105 inches this season as of Friday night. We had more fall on us today and I'm hearing rumors of more on Thursday. This is the second snowiest winter they have ever had here. The snowiest was 132 inches back in 1952. I don't think that record is at risk. We had just gotten rid of all of our snow(finally) and then Friday came and we got it all right back. Many Friday church services were cancelled. I had heard a lot of reports of Easter Egg Hunts getting cancelled over the weekend. Here is a picture that a local news team shot on Easter Sunday.

How funny is that?
The pond had mostly thawed out, and the wildlife was just coming back for spring. We had ducks, geese, and all kinds of birds popping back up. Then just like that, back to snow and ice. Here's a picture I took of a goose looking for the water that was there the day before.

I think he actually fell through the ice moments later after I turned away. When I looked back a little bit later, the ice was broken, but he was gone.
Well, enough about the long depressing winter weather. The kids had a good Easter. At least the Easter Bunny knew better than to give 4 month old babies candy, so they received Formula instead and gave the candy to the adults(yippee!).(Like I need anymore sugar in my diet)


How cute are those easter baskets(thx Grandma)? Shelby did a great job decorating the Easter cake.
The boys have now taken over our living room. Shelby and I had not wanted to lose our living room to the children and probably at one point declared that we never would, but we are currently losing the battle. What started out as a bouncy seat, turned into
two bouncy seats, then you add some floor mats, then add two baskets to hide toys, then add a swing, and recently we added a Jumparoo, and now for the next installment, one ExerSaucer. Where did we go wrong! We try to hide everything in the office when we aren't using it, but wait, we lost the office too. It has
TWO Pack-in-Plays setup for naptimes in there, along with the Bumbo seats and everything else when we aren't using it. Ugh! The kids are taking up more real estate than we bargained for, and they aren't even crawling yet. How does this happen?
But they do love their Jumparoo and ExerSaucer. We think the ExerSaucer may end up having a tendency to overstimulate. I get a headache just looking at it. See for yourself(on the right)

But I wouldn't change a thing. They are starting to entertain themselves and it's so much fun to watch. We're loving every minute.


Check back soon. Have a great week.
****
Chris & Shelby
Those smiles are precious! They are getting big! I laughed out loud at the formula in the Easter baskets. That was great! Hope the snow-season goes away soon! Amanda Barr
ReplyDeletePapa and Nanna think Seth's helmet is soooooo cool!!! With Seth's helmet and Noah's bandaged toe, you boys are, without a doubt, the coolest boys ever. You look tough and oh soooo cute! We can hardly wait to see you all again!!
ReplyDeleteLove,
Papa and Nanna