Sunday, April 28, 2013

Spring Baseball

After several cancelled practices and one cancelled game, the weather has finally cooperated to allow the boys to start their spring baseball season.  This year their team is the Red Sox, although Noah prefers to call them the Comfy Sox.  Chris was coerced into being the head coach, so now he's Coach Chris and he's doing a great job!  Little did I know that with Chris being coach, I became dug out mom.  While Chris is out pitching to the team, I get to be in the dugout wrangling kids and making sure they have their batting helmets on and are ready for their turn in the lineup.  I didn't get a chance to take any pictures at their first game, but I made sure to bring my camera for their game on Saturday.

Seth
I tried to get him to tuck his shirt in.  They wore a long sleeved shirt under their t-shirt and he freaked out when he tucked them both in, claiming that it was 'TOO TIGHT'.  Pick your battles, right?  Not worth fighting.
 

Kids swarming the ball.  Seth is number 14.

The assistant coach, Coach Jeff, was told that Seth's glove belonged to another boy and he wrote that child's name (with a sharpie) on Seth's glove.  Even though it was a complete accident, Seth did not take it very well.  The pout was long and dramatic.  Here Seth is in left field during the game still pouting and half-listening to the apology from the very kind coach.
 

Noah
 

As I was driving the boys to school on Tuesday, Noah informed me that he was going to be Flash for the day.  He meant it.  When we received his Pre-K schoolwork back, we noticed a pattern when he wrote his name.  The first several pages had 'Flat Noah Jenkins' written for the name.  Noah said that his teacher, Mrs. Windeler, helped him with Flash and it looks like he figured it out and 'Flat' went to 'Flash'.

At Appletree on Friday, it looks like he dropped the 'Noah' part completely and just went with 'Flash'.

Just in case you're wondering, yesterday the boys were Green Flash and Red Flash.  Today they were Hawkeye and Green Arrow.  I have been dubbed Wonder Woman, Cat Woman and Girl Flash.

Quick random note:  Today, out of the blue Seth told me something that apparently had been on his mind for a while and wanted to share it with me.  He said that Daddy didn't know how to jump out of a helicopter with a parachute because no one ever taught him how.  It sounded like he was pretty concerned for Daddy and his lack of helicopter/parachute jumping instruction.  I assured him that it was OK and Daddy didn't need to know how to do that and that relaxed him a little.  That's just too much for a 5 year old to worry about.

One last picture...today my boys were able to get out fishing for the first time this year!  We're ready for warmer weather!

-Shelby

No comments:

Post a Comment

home study degrees guide
Provided by home study guide.