The boys are still doing really well at school. I'm surprised, though, at the homework/activities they need to complete each night. My favorite is having them read to me. I'm still in awe of their reading. Our nights are quick because of our work and everything else that has to be done, so we get creative. Sometimes I have the boys sit on the island (soooo safe) and read to me while I cook. It works out until both of them decide to get up there...they can't keep their hands to themselves.
Seth is reading. Noah is preparing to jump up and annoy him.
A couple of weeks ago, Chris had a work trip over the weekend, so the boys and I had a special weekend, just the three of us. We started our weekend by going to the boys' soccer game. We are almost finished with their first season of soccer. This sport fits their energy level. I love it that they run the entire time. Hopefully this Saturday I will take the big camera to their game and get some pictures.
Seth is on the left, Noah on the right. They are getting VERY particular about their hair. Seth wants a mowhawk almost every day. Noah just wants it 'up in front'. This morning I was chastised because it wasn't high enough.
After soccer and some lunch, we went to the zoo. John Ball Zoo has tigers now and this was our first trip to see them. Of course, we had to check out the other animals, too.
Noah in black, Seth in blue.
There's a lemu behind them...really.
I don't know if the water fountain was supposed to work like this, or if it was broken. The boys liked it as is. Took some time to get them away from it. They loved it.
They have a baby stingray!! I was a little obsessed with that little thing because it has sooo much personality. Yep, a stingray with personality. All of the other stingrays would swim in the same circle around the pool. This little guy would periodically swim across the middle and flip out of the water and swim back with the others. He was fun to watch.
They each wanted their picture 'with' a tiger.
I was an awesome mom because I agreed to get them the giant tiger cups. I quickly became a mean mom because I would only let them have water in them.
One night while Chris was away, I let the boys sleep with me in our bed. They call it 'the big bed'. Noah enjoyed it a little too much. The next night he cried because I wouldn't let him sleep in the bed. He wanted to know how many more days until he could again and couldn't handle it when I told him I didn't know. That kid doesn't give up, so he asked if he could sleep in the big bed with Daddy when I was out of town. I told him that I didn't know, but maybe he could. Then he proceeded to tell me that I needed to go to Minnesota and stay in a hotel so he could sleep in the big bed. I asked him if he was trying to get rid of me and he said 'yes'. That little snot got out of his bed 3 more times that night to come and ask me when I am going to to go to a hotel in Minnesota. For the record. I have no plans to go to Minnesota to a hotel and have NO idea where he got that from. Guess he really wants to sleep in my bed.
While the boys and I enjoyed our beautiful weekend at home, Chris got to stay in this place....
....with these views...
....catching this fish. I hear there was a meeting, too!
Last weekend, Chris' parents were kind enough to come spend time with the boys so we could go to Six Flags to ride coasters and enjoy Fright Fest. It was cold and a little rainy, but it was so FUN!!
When we got home, we took Grandma and Grandpa to a Japanese Steakhouse. It was their first trip! I think they enjoyed it. We talked Ron into some sake. He was such a good sport! We are so grateful that they came to spend time with the boys so we could have a quick getaway. From what I hear they had fun! There was bowling, soccer, game playing and lots of laughs.
This weekend, we headed downtown to check out a few of the ArtPrize exhibits.
Seth in black, Noah in blue.
These were amazing...they were made out of paper.
I love this picture of Noah photobombing. Seth doesn't look pleased.
Grand Rapids is a beautiful place...
-Shelby
No comments:
Post a Comment