Sunday, November 9, 2014

Halloween 2014

Before we get to the BEST HALLOWEEN EVER, we had a couple of fun events leading up to it...

The boys participated in Hudsonville's Turkey Trot again this year.  The boys were determined to win me a turkey (first place prize).  They didn't bring home the turkey this year, but they ran really fast and had a good strategy - start at the front of the pack! They looked pretty cute, too.

Seth left, Noah right

I was able to help at Noah's Halloween party at school.  I helped with the bingo station and was glad to have the opportunity to talk to Noah's classmates even though he was disappointed I didn't spend the entire time with him.  Of course, my favorite part was when he sat next to me for bingo.   The party was a lot of fun and very well organized by some pretty great moms.

Sometimes I can tell that he is my child.  His bingo card vs. another child's.  He was very particular about how he put the candy corn on the card.  

The Wallace's came over for Halloween!  The boys were excited to go trick or treating with Keira and Laney.  The super cute Wallace girls looked super cute, of course.

Chris went trick-or-treating with the boys as the Stay Puft Marshmallow man!  It was epic.  We ordered the costumes almost 2 months before Halloween and the wait almost did me in.  I had a Ghostbusters t-shirt, but somehow we didn't get a family picture that night.

Noah, Stay Puft Marshmallow Man, Seth

Noah and Seth switched places in this one...

Our neighbor, Ed, and his friends always dress up and scare the kids.  It is pretty great, but Noah was not amused this year.  If Ed came anywhere near Noah, he freaked out.  Maybe next year...

While Chris looked amazing in his costume, he said that a lot of people thought he was the Michelin man.  Huh?  When they all returned from trick-or-treating, I asked Matt how people reacted to Chris.  He said that it was like Chris was a character at Disney...people kept coming to him for high fives and taking his picture.  I wonder how many pictures of Chris are floating around Facebook right now.  I don't know if we're going to be able to top it next year.  

We weren't as scary and festive as Ed & Jen, but we had a couple of new additions at our house.  Chris and the boys tried to put out some styrofoam headstones, but it was too windy and they kept blowing away.  This guy was in our front window and received a lot of comments from our visitors. 

Our pumpkins...

Yesterday we took the boys to meet Johnathan Rand at Barnes & Noble.  Johnathan Rand is the author that writes the Freddie Fernortner series.  The boys have been reading the books in school.  Seth's teacher told us that he was going to be signing books locally, so we decided to go.

Seth left, Noah right.

You can't see it in this picture, but when he started talking to the boys, Seth blushed!  It was adorable...his face was so red.

We talked a lot about what they would say to Mr. Rand when they saw him, but they clammed up.  I tried to use some reverse psychology that backfired.  I asked them what they wanted to tell them.  Silence.  Then I said 'Did you want to tell him his books are terrible?'. See, I thought they would immediately correct me because they LOVE his books.  Unfortunately, Noah just said 'Your books are terrible'.  I felt horrible.  Then Noah laughed and said he liked his books.  Seth finally chimed in and said he really likes the books and that they are reading them in class.  

We all decided that his glasses were silly, but he was very kind.  He asked the boys questions and tried to engage them in conversation.  Even though I almost accidentally ruined the moment, the boys were able to tell him how much they enjoy his books.  Noah has now decided that when he grows up he wants to write books and then have people come meet him...that and he wants to be a soccer coach.

A couple of bonus pictures..

Noah wanted to read Brody his book.  Noah was thrilled.  Brody was not so thrilled with Noah climbing on his bed.  I loved all of the cuteness. 

Week before last, the boys deliberately chose this outfit and each wore one of the other's shoes with the intent to confuse people.   Last week they did the same thing.  They are trouble.  Seth is on the left, Noah is on the right.

-Shelby

No comments:

Post a Comment

home study degrees guide
Provided by home study guide.