Sorry it's been so long since we updated. With our trip to Missouri and everything that's been going on, it's been difficult to sit down for a minute. Keep checking in, I'll do better.
FIRST TRIP TO MISSOURI
The boys are now road warriors. Over the past month, they have slept in Wisconsin, Illinois, Missouri, Indiana(while driving), and of course Michigan. This past weekend we went to visit Family and Friends in Missouri. The boys did great on the road down and on the way back. On Sunday, we had a little meet and greet for Family and Friends. It was good to see everybody again.
CEREAL
Well this past week we spent trying to get things back to normal, which is changing all the time. The kids made a breakthrough earlier in the week and they are now eating cereal. We went through almost a whole box of Rice Cereal before the kids even swallowed a spoonful. Now they are eating really good. They still make faces like they don't like it sometimes, but they eat it. We mix in some apple juice for taste. It's extremely messy. You start to feed them, and they'll put their hands in there mouths, then they'll get the burp cloth in the way, and you have a bunch to clean up. It's quite funny.
NOAH (ingrown toenail)
For those of you who want an update, Noah's toe is doing great. For those who didn't know, before we headed down to Missouri, we noticed Noah's toe was red. As it turns out he had an ingrown toenail. Shelby ran him into a Podiatrist in Missouri and they cut it out. I guess it was hard to watch. Poor guy. We had to soak his toe in water with Epson Salt for a week and apply Neosporin to his toe. It looks great now.
SETH (helmet)
Seth officially has a helmet. We picked it up this week and over the first week week we have been slowly working him into it. In a day or two, he'll have it on all the time. We are hoping that he only needs it for a few months. He's actually doing really good with it. We struggled a little the first time we saw him in it, but it doesn't bother him. It doesn't get in his way or keep him from doing anything.
VOICES
You would not believe how much they are talking. And when I say they, I mean Seth. He is Mr. Babble. He has found his voice over the past couple days. Not crying or anything like that, just talking away with some cute high pitched parts. It's hilarious. I have some on video. If I can edit a small enough clip, I'll try and post it. It's so funny. I had them both doing it yesterday, and it was a smilefest in the living room.
I'll try and get posts out quicker in the future. Here are some pictures from the past week or two.
Seth got to hang out with Papa and Uncle Bub while Noah was getting his foot soaked.
Does it look like his foot was bothering him?
Check back soon. Chris & Shelby

Glad to hear they are eating the cereal better! Great pictures. It was so fun to meet them while you were here! Amanda
ReplyDelete