Tuesday, May 6, 2008
Spring is here
We are finally starting to roll in to some nice weather here in Michigan. It's about stinking time! We had one or two frost warnings over the past week, but I think we may be done with those. The tulips are grateful I'm sure. It's great to have the windows open and let some fresh air through the house. Shelby and I are slowly coming out of hibernation and getting out of the house. Brody is getting out of the house too. Shelby and I have been doing training every night on an invisible fence we installed for him. He's learning slowly, but you have to start on a lower power level. Once we move the power level up another notch on Thursday, I think he'll get the idea. Hard to believe, but he'll be two years old next week.
I finally got the garage cleaned this weekend. Had to get rid of all of that dirt that accumulated on the garage floor from where the snow melted off the cars all winter. What a mess. I even got the grass cut for the first time and worked in the yard. Speaking of yard, we have wildlife. We have two bunnies that have found refuge in our landscaping. I'm not sure I'm happy about that development. I also found a snake(garden) in the landscaping this weekend. I killed it! Bring it on slithery creatures from HELL! Just kidding. The biggest development is in the backyard. While training Brody this weekend, we were by the pond and Brody caught wind of something and was trying to get into the landscaping island out back. I pulled him away and decided to try and see what he was looking for. I reached into a bushy plant in the island and almost got nipped by a DUCK! This duck came out hissing with her wings out. I looked down in the plant and saw that she has over half a dozen eggs down there. GREAT! Just as were trying to give Brody some freedom in the backyard, she lays eggs in our landscaping. What a great spot though. You could be right on top of this plant on not even know there was a duck in there. You literally have to pull back to see her. I saw the snapping turtle in the pond not far from her nest this weekend. Hopefully the ducklings have a chance this year!
Anyway, we'll try to get some new pictures up of the boys soon. By the way, they have found their feet. They are always grabbing at their feet. It makes cereal time very interesting. We now have to clean their faces, hands, and feet after cereal. FUN!
Check back soon.
Chris & Shelby
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
| Provided by home study guide. |
No comments:
Post a Comment