Monday, February 21, 2011

Papa Got Married!

This past weekend we were in Missouri to attend my Dad's wedding. They had a lovely, small wedding ceremony at Judy's home. It is wonderful to see him so happy. Congratulations to Dad and Judy!!


Of course, it wouldn't be a Hesterly event without an interesting moment or two. Riley brought his buddy, Woody, from Toy Story. During the ceremony, Woody's string was pulled and we heard "Hey, Howdy, Hey!!". So funny.

Right before Dad and Judy were going to cut their cake, Chris made a trip to the restroom. Everyone was quietly watching Dad and Judy when I heard Seth say, "Hey Daddy, you going pee pee?". Then he exclaimed, "I hear you!!". I think I was the only one who heard the exchange, which made me laugh inappropriately.

The boys had some trouble keeping their hands to themselves and had a few wrestling matches before and after the ceremony. I'm sure Dad and Judy will appreciate the WWF pictures as part of their wedding album. I know there were pictures taken! Don't get me started on the 'loud voices' during the ceremony.

Thankfully Chris remembered to bring the Mobigos and they settled down on the couch with Riley.

Even though we were back in Missouri for only a short time, it was nice to be able to spend time with the family. We had the bonus of awesome weather while we were there! It was so warm and a welcome break from the wintry mess in Michigan. The boys loved playing outside in the sunshine, not bogged down by all of their snow gear.

We bought the boys kites thinking that they would enjoy flying them. We were wrong. They were afraid of the kites. Afraid of kites! I didn't even know that was a possibility. It all worked out, though, because Dad and I had a great time flying the kites while the boys played on the swing set.

Seth and Gavynn
Shortly after this picture was taken, Riley came up and wanted to get in on the cuddle. Gavynn said to Riley about Seth "This one is mine. There is another one over there".

The boys enjoyed playing with the tea set at Dad's house. They did not drink tea, however. They served everyone coffee. They ran around the house asking everybody "You want some coffee?".

The original plan for the trip was to spend Saturday evening with Bub, Mindy, Gavynn and Riley, but the weather forecast for West Michigan on Sunday made those plans change. We decided to leave Saturday afternoon and get a start on the drive. We stopped in Springfield, IL for the night. I apparently drew the short straw and had to sleep with Seth. That kid is a bed hog. I didn't sleep much.

The night we got home, Seth said to me "Mommy, you can't sleep in my bed. I sleep in my bed all by myself". He didn't get any argument from me.
Seth taking more than his fair share.

Also, during our trip home, we stopped for dinner and to put the boys' pajamas on. The bathroom wasn't the best place, so we decided to change them in the front seat of the car. Chris put Noah in the driver's seat while he got the clothes out of the back. Noah got very worried and yelled "I don't want to drive!!". We assured him that he wouldn't have to drive. After he was changed, buckled back into his carseat and was given his taggie and blanket he said "O.K. We're ready to go now". Thanks for the go ahead, Noah.

A couple of extra pictures, just because I think they're cute (or funny)....

One morning last weekend, I came downstairs and found the boys watching TV like this. I thought it was so sweet.

I don't know if picking your brother's nose is sweet, but it could be classified as helpful. It is certainly funny.

-Shelby

2 comments:

  1. Enjoy your pictures and stories so much. Thank you for sharing. Tell your Dad we said congratulations too. Love you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you dad found love again! I love your pictures, so cute! Your post always makes me smile and laugh. I always make sure Great Grandma see's them!! Love you guys-Aunt Betty

    ReplyDelete

home study degrees guide
Provided by home study guide.