Tuesday, April 5, 2011

3 Year Olds: Their Photography and Funny Things They Say

I mentioned in an earlier post that the boys received cameras for Christmas and have enjoyed taking pictures with them.  I also promised to post some of their photos...I'm finally following through on my promise!


Here are just a few of the hundreds of pictures they have taken.

Seth's Photos





Noah's Photos

Looks like he was holding the camera upside down.  Maybe it was on purpose and he was being artistic.


Random Seth and Noah-isms:
  • For several reasons, including their inability to stop pushing, hitting and irritating each other, the boys won't be in the same room at daycare for a couple of months.  If I pick Noah up first, he gives me quick 'Hi' and then takes me by the hand and tells me 'Let's go get my brother'.  He doesn't care much about me, he knows that I can take him to Seth.  It's adorable....until they get in the car and start arguing over whose turn it is to talk.  They get really mad when the other one won't let them talk.
  • We get to hear about poop ALL the time.  They have the amazing ability to work the word poop into almost everything.  I hear 'Thank you poop', 'Yes, ma'am poop' a lot during the day.  They also like to to pretend that they pooped on the floor.  I also get to hear about how rabbits don't poop or pee in their hole everyday.  Yes, everyday they both like to tell me where rabbits do or do not poop and what they like to eat.  Every.Day.
  • They (mostly Seth) can't keep their hands off me at the dinner table.  If I sit next to Seth for dinner, he constantly reaches over and pats or rubs my arm.  He also turns a bit in his chair so he can put his foot on my leg.  It's really sweet if you think about it, but I don't love the grubby, sticky fingers that rub all over my shirt.  I'll probably  miss it when they stop.
  • Even though they love on me at dinner, they are most in love with me in the morning.  Usually when I'm not there because I left for work early.  Chris tells me that they cry for me and say that they only want Mommy.  The opposite is true in the evening at bedtime.  They want nothing to do with me.  They argue over who gets to cuddle with Daddy before bed.  They don't even want me to come into their room...I have to trick them or beg them to get in there.  Neither one wants me to sit on their bed while we sing songs...only Daddy.  Daddy also is the only one who can tuck them in or kiss them on their forehead after they are tucked in.
  • A few weeks ago, the boys constantly pretended that Noah was Seth's kitty cat.  A few days ago, Noah announced 'That's my dog' and pointed at Seth.  Seth responded with 'I'm a puppy!'.  I asked Noah if he was Seth's kitty cat and he looked at me with irritation and said 'No, I'm not a kitty, I'm Noah!'.  I was then deemed to be a horse and had to neigh all through dinner.  I think it's better than what Chris was named.  They decided he was a cow and he had to moo.
  • We're noticing that Seth always calls Noah 'Noah', but Noah most of the time calls Seth 'Bubby'.  I have often referred to both of them as Bubby, but Noah is starting to take notice.  The other day I called him Bubby and he said 'I'm not Bubby, Bubby's Bubby'.  Did that make sense?
  • Another Noah and name story...The other day Noah tried to convince me that he was Seth.  He kept telling me that he was Seth, not Noah.  I told him that he might be able to fool other people, but he can't fool his Mommy!  I can't believe he's trying that trick at 3 years old.
  • Seth is doing great at potty training!  He goes in the bathroom and goes all by himself.  The other day I asked him if he washed his hands after using the restroom and he said 'But I didn't get any pee pee on them'.  He didn't understand why he needed to wash his hands...must be a genetic thing with boys.
  • Seth also uses the word 'toilet' instead of potty.  It's just strange to me to hear such a little guy say 'toilet'.
  • Noah is more stubborn than Seth with the potty thing.  He knows what he's supposed to do, but is very stubborn.  We put him in underwear and he held it until he was visibly uncomfortable.  He absolutely would not go on the potty.  The most recent time we put underwear on him, he decided to just go ahead and pee...in his underwear.  Stubborn, I tell ya.
  • Seth & Noah have really gotten into the show Go! Diego Go!  They go on and on about the animals that they see on show.  I've heard a lot about howler monkeys and flying squirrels.  Their most recent obsession is the puma.  Out of nowhere, they will yell 'A puma's coming!' and will run and hide.  It is a requirement that you run with them.  The other day Seth went into our bedroom and yelled 'A puma's coming!' and quickly shut the door and locked it!  I not thrilled that he found out how to lock the door, but was glad that he was safe from the charging puma.
  • We took Brody for a long overdue grooming over the weekend.  The boys and I waited in the car while Chris went into the groomer to pick Brody up.  As Chris was walking Brody to the car, Noah exclaimed 'Look at Brody!  He looks like new!'.
  • We are all best friends...most of the time.  Seth and Noah have learned what a best friend is and tell us 'You're my best friend' or 'I be your best friend'.  It's totally cute and took us by surprise when they started to say it.  Last night, however, Noah got his feelings hurt because Seth said he was best friends with Mommy and Daddy, but not Noah.
  • Their imaginations are really taking off and I love to listen to them play pretend.  The other day they were using their big fire truck to go and save a kitty stuck in a tree.  They were playing so nicely together...what a treat.
  • Their negotiating skills are also taking off.  For example, one of them will ask for crackers, we oblige and go and get crackers.  Then, they will hold up the number of fingers indicating the number of crackers that they are requesting.  If we disagree, they will throw out another number.  Very demanding little guys.  Noah sometimes just gives up and says he wants 'lots' of whatever it is we're giving him.  Unfortunately, I think he has a number in his head, but won't tell us what it is and gets really annoyed if we don't give him what he thinks is 'lots'.
  • We had a nice lunch out at Red Lobster on Saturday and the boys were cracking us up.  Seth kept saying 'Mmm mmm....delicious!' after bites of his popcorn shrimp (he ordered that all by himself, too!).  Chris gave Noah a crouton - he bit into it and said 'This one broke my tooth!'.  Because they were pretty good at lunch, Chris took them to the lobster tank to check out the lobsters.  The boys had their cups of water and tried to give the lobsters a drink and told Daddy that the lobsters were thirsty.  Yes, the boys thought that the lobsters that were submerged in a tank of water were thirsty.  Thoughtful little guys.
-Shelby

No comments:

Post a Comment

home study degrees guide
Provided by home study guide.