We enjoyed a low-key, long weekend. That included some baseball in the front yard, snow, bowling and growing a crab and octopus in the bathtub.
Saturday was a sunny and had warmer than usual temperatures. In a last ditch effort to burn off some energy before colder weather, we let the boys play outside with their new t-ball equipment.
Noah
Seth
Brody was an unenthusiastic outfielder.
The boys went to bed at their usual bedtime on Saturday, but we wanted them to have a little bit of New Years Eve fun and let them celebrate with fun party hats and horns.
Noah on the left, Seth on the right
They liked to blow the horn directly into the ear of the other one. They both tried that with me...it didn't work so well.
Sunday started as a temperate, windy day that turned into a very cold snowy day. We stayed at home in our pajamas all day, played games and watched movies. By Monday morning we were all ready to get out of the house, so we took the boys bowling.
Seth
Noah
Game 1
Game 2
We also grew a couple of sea creatures in the bathtub over the weekend. What? Doesn't everybody do that??
Sea creatures on Saturday night.
Sea creatures on Tuesday night. Seth refused to have his picture taken with the crab and while Noah went ahead with the picture, he doesn't look too happy about it.
Check out the scratch near Noah's eye. Yesterday, Seth came to me whining that Noah scratched him. Noah walked up seconds behind him with that on his face. Hmmm....I think Seth might have had things backwards.
Seth & Noahisms:
- I took Noah to the grocery store with me on Saturday morning. While we were out we saw two separate ambulances on their way to calls. I said "Those people are having a bad day". Noah then replied "Yes, they are". Then he paused and said "I'm not, so the firefighter truck won't come and get me."
- Before we left the house to go shopping, I had to go into another room while Noah was putting on his shoes. I think he was worried I was going to leave because he yelled at me "Don't EVER leave without me!".
- Right after we got to the store, I was putting Noah in the cart. He grinned and said "Look what I found", I turned around and saw our sweet neighbor, Jen. Not, look there's Jen or look who it is...just look what I found. She must've been a prize.
- When Seth saw Noah in the party hat, he exclaimed "Oh, Bubby!! I LOVE your elf hat!".
- Seth is still bitter that we took down the Christmas tree and lights. Over the weekend if he saw a house that still had lights on he'd say "But, they still have their lights on" in a very accusatory tone.
- While in the bathtub the other night, the boys engaged me in a very in-depth conversation about their blood. There were a lot of questions about where there blood is, is it running up or down, do they need their blood, etc... The questions went on and on and on. While they were tossing out all of these questions, I could hear Chris quietly laughing from the other room. I don't blame him for staying far away.
- Yesterday I told Seth to do something (I don't remember what it was) and he came back with "But, I'm Noah". It starts so young.
-Shelby
No comments:
Post a Comment