Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Sledding

We had another low key weekend, but we had fun and I wanted to document it, so....

On Saturday the boys were invited to a 4th birthday party for their sweet friend, Kara.  All of the kids had fun and were all sugared up from the scrumptious cookies and cupcakes.  Seth and Noah were the only boys there, but they loved every second of it.

Sunday we took the boys sledding and I can't even begin to describe how great it was.  The past couple of years, they've sort of been into sledding, but were quickly all done with it if they had a wipe out or got bored.  This year marks a turning point.  They both loved it.  Neither one of them were afraid, they both wanted to go down the hills alone and they did a great job of hauling the sleds back up the hill.  They would have stayed there all day if we would have let them.  I can't wait to go again.

Seth & Daddy making their way back up the hill.

Noah & Daddy

Seth asked me to go down the hill with him.

And then he wanted to go with Daddy.

Chris and Noah getting ready to go down together.

Seth

Noah had more fun than anybody.  He wanted to take the 'fast sled down the BIG hill' all by himself.


Seth & Noahisms:
  • Noah loved going fast when we were sledding.  When he got to the bottom of the hill and started to slow down, he'd paddle with his arms like he was on a surf board trying to speed up again.
  • Both boys are annoyed with my hair.  If Seth wants a kiss, he says 'move your hair' so that it doesn't fall in his face.  Noah took it a step further and informed me that he doesn't want me to have long hair anymore, he wants me to have short hair.
  • When we go out to eat, we let the boys order their own food.  We think it's good for them to practice their manners while we're out in public.  Noah has taken the ordering food thing a little far....on Sunday, Noah came downstairs and told me that he wanted a snack and then proceeded to say 'I'd like to order some goldfish'.
  • While I was tucking Seth into bed the other night he started talking about spiders.  He said 'Don't let the spiders come in your room'.  I told him I wouldn't and then he said 'There are BIG spiders here...and little spiders'.  Then he told me that 'if you step on the little spiders, they will eat you'.  What Seth doesn't understand (or maybe he does) is that I have an irrational fear of spiders.  I don't like to see them, talk about them or think about them.  That little conversation was torture for me.
  • Each day after daycare, I ask the boys about their day.  The other day, I decided to share with them what I did and told them about work and how I use a computer.  They assumed that I got to play games.  I told them that I wrote things on my computer and didn't get to play games.  Noah is a wise little guy and said 'I'm little so I get to play games, when I'm big I'll write on the computer and won't be able to play games.  I'll stay little'.
  • They will love me for this in the future, but I have to share this toilet story:  The boys like to torment each other, but Seth got Noah really good one day when Noah was sitting on the toilet.  He told Noah that if he fell in, I would flush him away.  Noah looked at me very concerned and said 'Don't let me fall in'!  Then Seth told him 'When you fall in, Mommy will flush you away'.  Noah became more panicked and said 'Don't flush me away!'.  Then Seth upped it and said 'When Mommy flushes you away, a shark will eat you!'.  That was it for Noah, I thought he was going to have an anxiety attack.  Luckily, I was able to calm him down and assure him that I wasn't going to let him fall in, flush him away and let a shark eat him. 

-Shelby

No comments:

Post a Comment

home study degrees guide
Provided by home study guide.