Sunday, April 15, 2012

Easter 2012

Our Easter weekend was a little out of the norm, but everyone had fun and we made the best of it!  Chris took the boys to West Bend to see Grandma, Grandpa, Mike, Liza and sweet Savannah.  I had to work, so I stayed home and made the most out of a quiet house & weekend.  The boys are still talking about how much fun they had a Grandma & Grandpa's and that they want to play with Savannah some more.
We colored Easter eggs before the boys left.  A total of 4 eggs bit the dust in the process, which I don't think is too bad.  Noah was disappointed, though, because we didn't have an egg spinner like they had at school.  He had to settle for our old-fashioned, dipped eggs.
 Noah on the left, Seth on the right.

 Noah's latest obsession is biting his nails.  When I tell him to stop, he whines at me and says "But Mommy, they're coming out!".  Today I threatened to put yucky tasting stuff on his fingers to get him to stop.  He didn't seem too concerned.

The boys tried a hard boiled egg for the first time.  This is Noah taking a bite, with Seth invading his personal space.

Once the boys arrived in West Bend, everyone took a trip to Cabela's to check out the animals and fish.  (This is the part of the blog where I may take a few liberties with what happened, since I wasn't actually there!).
Noah & Savannah

The weather was beautiful, so everyone took advantage of it and spent a lot of time outside.  Part of the reason this blog is a little late is because Chris took 400 pictures while he was there (most of them were of the kids out enjoying the sunshine) and it was difficult to decide which ones to post!

 Noah showing off his muscles.

Yes, I posted 4 pictures of the kids together.  The progession of pictures cracked me up because it's obvious that it was difficult to get all three of them to look at the camera at the same time.  Savannah was looking at Seth or Seth was playing with the grass or Noah was looking off at who knows what...

Seth, Savannah, Noah

Noah

Seth

Grandpa with all of his grandkids.  Noah has the iPod and Grandpa is playing with the Mobigo.  Hmm....

There was a big Easter egg hunt in the back yard on Saturday  So many eggs!
Seth

Noah

The boys made up a game where they were 'goalers' and Chris had to try and get the ball by them.

Bouncing on balls is fun!  I'm sure Mike and Liza appreciate the positive (insert sarcasm here) influences that Seth and Noah are on Savannah.

All of my boys returned home Sunday afternoon and we celebrated Easter together as a family.  I made a bunny cake as a special treat and the boys were so excited about it!  Until...they got a piece of cake and decided that the coconut weirded them out.  If I do it again next year, we may have to go with a bunny without 'fur'.

The first thing they did when they got home was ask if the Easter bunny had been at our house and then raced to find their baskets.
Noah left, Seth right

We had our own Easter egg hunt at home.  Luckily, the weather cooperated.  It was a little windy and cool, but the sun was shining.  The boys LOVE a good Easter egg hunt.
Noah

 Seth

 The eggs contained either treats or treasure.  Mommy's coin purse is now empty.

Another new development this week...the boys started baseball practice.  We signed them up for Little League this year.  They are on a rookie team named the Cardinals.  They had their first practice on Wednesday.  I was out of town, so Chris took them.  He said that they were a little shy at first, but warmed up quickly.  They had practice again on Saturday and jumped right in with no hesitation.  Turns out that Seth & Noah are excellent butterfly watchers and dirt kickers.  We're going to have to work on getting them to focus a little more when they play.  On Saturday, the coach even complimented them on their excellent sandcastle building skills DURING practice.  I hope Seth and Noah's enthusiasm for playing baseball continues.  Every day they ask how many 'sleeps' until baseball practice.  When they woke up on Saturday and I told them that they had practice that day, they cheered and clapped their hands.  We also must sing 'Take Me Out to the Ballgame' each night before bed and root root root for the Cardinals.

Seth in Blue, Noah in Red

 Seth & Noahisms
  • The boys had pretty nasty colds a couple of weeks ago.  Both missed two days of school because of it (not the same two days, though!).  Instead of going to blow their noses with tissue, Seth & Noah decided that it was just easier and quicker to just inhale deeply and suck the snot in.  I think that's disgusting and kept telling them to get a tissue.  They termed this gross bodily function as 'snurfing'.  They'd do it and say 'I snurfed'.  The other night, Noah announced that he was going to get a kleenex.  When he blew his nose, he very proudly told Chris 'Daddy, I stopped snurfing!'.  Is that supposed to be a proud parent moment?
  • We had a countdown to Easter by telling the boys how many 'sleeps' until the Easter Bunny comes.  A couple of days after Easter, I had to leave town for a couple of nights for a meeting.  I told the boys that I would be home in two sleeps.  Noah must not have been paying attention because he very excitedly said ' The Easter Bunny is coming again in two sleeps?'.  When I told him no, that Mommy was going to come home in two sleeps, he looked extremely disappointed and said 'Oh', hung his head and walked away.  I can't compete with the Easter Bunny.
  • Seth & Noah like The Wizard of Oz.  Seth and I had a little argument yesterday about the munchkins.  I was singing the song about the Lollipop Guild and Seth tried to inform me that it isn't lollipop guild, it's lollipop kills.  I couldn't convince him otherwise.  Too bad he can't read, or I'd Google it and prove it to him.
  • Seth: Master Manipulater...We went to Meijer yesterday and if the boys behave themselves, they get a cookie.  Love Meijer for that one.  On our way there, Seth said that he wanted a donut instead of a cookie.  I told him no, and he came back with: 'Brady asked his mommy if he could have a donut and she said yes and Brady said it was really good'.  In reply, I said 'So...?' and he said 'So, can I have a donut?'.  He didn't get a donut, but he did get points for creativity.
  • One day, Seth and Chris were on their way home from school and he was saying that he wanted to buy something big (I cannot remember what exactly).  Chris informed him that he should get a job to make money.  He insisted that he had a job.  Seth told him that he works with his friends at school.  In addition, he said he works "on the computer at school." 
-Shelby

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    home study degrees guide
    Provided by home study guide.