Sunday, April 29, 2012

First Baseball Game

We had a busy weekend!  The boys had their first baseball game yesterday.  It was adorable, hilarious and we loved every minute...so did they!  It's a good thing that their baseball shirts are big because it was 44 degrees and windy.  We were able to put their shirts on over their coats. 

They're playing with the Hudsonville Little League on the Rookie league.  It's not exactly T-ball.  They get 4 or 5 pitches from the coach and then the tee is brought out if they haven't hit it yet.  All of the kids get to bat and there are no outs.  It's a great introduction to baseball.  It is so funny to watch all of the kids swarm the ball when it is hit.  Well, all of the kids except Seth.  At his practices, the coaches had to keep reminding him to get in the 'ready' position.  At the game on Saturday, he didn't really get out of the ready position...he'd stay there and watch the ball roll by.

Seth

Noah

Seth brought Noah his hat when was finished running the bases.  All of the moms thought this was so sweet.
 

This morning we participated in Milan's Miracle Run.  What a great cause!  I ran the 8K and the boys ran the Superhero/Princess kids run.  We left the house and realized about halfway there that we forgot Seth's Superman cape.  He was VERY upset about it, so Chris and the boys dropped me off at the race and went back home to get Seth's cape....only for Seth to decide right before the race that he didn't want to wear the cape.  During the race he decided he didn't want to run at all.  We walked it.

Noah
 

Superman Daddy and Superman Noah racing toward the finish line.  Chris said that Noah ran fast the whole way!

The other exciting development over the weekend was the delivery of Mount Mulch.  After several hours of work (and playing on the pile), our yard looks much better!  I think the boys are disappointed that Mount Mulch is no more.

Seth & Noahisms:
  • Pink Eye has made its way to our house.  Noah was the first victim and was home from school on Wednesday.  We went to the doctor and got a prescription for some antibiotic eye drops.  Noah decided that this was a good time to practice his negotiation skills.  In a moment of desperation, I told Noah that I would give him an M&M if he let me put in his eye drops.  He countered with "I want 2 M&Ms".  I caved easily and told him that he could have two.  He immediately came back with "No, I want 6 M&Ms".  He has some work to do on his negotiating.
  • Noah thinks I'm not very bright.  When we went to put in the eye drops, Noah scolded me and said "No, Mommy!  Medicine does NOT go in eyes, medicine goes in your mouth!".
  • Seth now has pink eye.  He said "Mommy, do I have pink eyes?" I told him yes and he said "Do I have red eyes?".  I told him that they are pretty red.  Then he asked "Do I have green eyes?".
  • I've called my brother Bub my entire life, so when the boys were born we decided that my brother would be called Uncle Bub.  Seth has decided that he wants to call him Uncle Bug.  I don't often correct him. :)
  • Seth and Noah shared with us the other night that they switched names.  They told us that when they were babies they had the other one's name.  They switched names when they were 1 year old and now go by the other name.  They also told us that we called them by the wrong names when they were babies.  I guess we have it right now.
  • The boys have been asking a lot of questions about when they were babies (Did we poop in our diaper? Did we drink from bottles?  Etc.).  On the drive home from school on Friday, they started asking about when they were in my tummy.  I told them a story about when I was pregnant, we were in a restaurant and Noah was so high up, that I couldn't sit down at the restaurant until he moved.  He thought that was hilarious, but the most hilarious part was hearing him re-tell the story in his own words.  He said that he wiggled and jiggled in my tummy and I couldn't eat...then he would burst out laughing.
  • Seth than decided after that story that he was the good one.  He said "I was nice to Mommy when I was in her tummy".  Not entirely true, but cute.
-Shelby

No comments:

Post a Comment

home study degrees guide
Provided by home study guide.