Sunday, December 2, 2012

November 20th, Thanksgiving & Trimming the Tree

We took the boys to Red Robin on their actual birthday.  They were all partied out from their Angry Birds bowling party from Saturday (at least that's what we told them), so we had a low-key family dinner on their birthday.  We took their gifts so they could open them there and let Red Robin provide the entertainment and birthday dessert.  Of course we forgot a decent camera, so the evening was captured on our phones.






They were excited...




Seth

Noah

I'm not sure why I'm giving my sweet little 5 year old this look.  I think I was trying to convince him to give me a bite of his sundae.

Seth & Daddy

I cannot believe they are 5.  Seriously.  Everyone told me that time would fly by.  It is amazing how quickly it has gone.  The boys can be naughty and not listen and exhaust us, but they are amazing little people.  They are sweet, caring and oh so hilarious.  They are also whip smart and eager to learn more all of the time.  I feel so blessed to be their mommy and love watching their very unique and special relationship evolve.  I love them.  They are the best things ever.  Did I mention how handsome they are, too?  That's just bonus!

For Thanksgiving, Chris took the boys to his parents to spend time with them, Mike, Liza, Savannah and his Great Grandma Behling.  I had to work the day after Christmas, so I convinced Chris that he should go on without me.

The new birthday presents helped keep the boys occupied on the car ride there and while hanging out at Grandma and Grandpa's house.



It looks like it was tough to get a picture of the cousins together.  Too many distractions.

Noah, Great Grandma Behling and Seth
 
Mike, Liza and Savannah got the boys Sumo Bumper Boppers for their birthday.  What are Sumo Bumper Boppers you may ask?

Well, behold the awesomeness of Sumo Bumber Boppers.  Do I even have to say how much the boys love them?

Even Savannah tried it out.

Sadly, while the boys were there, Chris' Grandma Jenkins passed away.  So sad for the whole family.  I'm so glad, though, that the boys had a chance to meet and get to know their Great Grandmother.

Noah with Great Grandma last year in Shawano.

Seth with Great Grandma last year in Shawano.

After the boys returned home we decided to switch gears and get ready for Christmas.  Decorating the tree together was challenging, to say the least.  I hear so many people talk about (and post on Facebook!) about what a lovely experience it was decorating the tree together as a family.  Not so much for us.  It was difficult to get the boys to focus, be gentle with the ornaments and not jump off the couch (I have no idea what that was about).  I made a promise to myself that night that I'd be honest on the blog and not sugar coat the experience!  We accomplished our goal, though, and have a beautiful tree.  We even snagged some pictures.  If you ask the boys if they had fun decorating the tree, they yell 'YES!', so I guess it wasn't that bad.

Seth

Noah


Seth wasn't very interested in getting his picture taken in front of the tree.

Noah was all for it!

Finally, a cute(ish) picture of the two of them!

-Shelby

No comments:

Post a Comment

home study degrees guide
Provided by home study guide.