Sunday, November 18, 2012

Stitches, 5K, Parade & Birthday Party...

We have had a busy week!  Let's talk about the worst part of the week and then get to the good stuff...  Last weekend, we made our first trip to the emergency room for non-surgery related stitches.  Noah fell in the backyard (off of the trampoline) and cut his chin.  The decision to take him to the emergency room was an easy one after one look at the gash.  That little guy was such a trooper.  He was so brave.  He cried on the way to the hospital, but once we got there he didn't shed one tear.  I could not have been more proud of him.  He got 7 stitches in his chin.  Friday morning we went to have them removed, but once all of them were taken out it was obvious that the wound hadn't completely closed.  Poor Noah had to have two stitches put back in.  He wasn't quite as agreeable that time, but I don't blame him.  Hopefully those two stitches will come out for good on Wednesday.

This is Noah in the emergency room.  They wrapped him up like a burrito to keep him from moving.  I told him that they did it to keep him warm.  He was so good, I don't know if they needed to do it, but it was better to be safe.  I refrained from posting the graphic picture of his chin with the stitches.  You are welcome.


All of the grandparents came to town to celebrate the boys' birthday, so I roped them into doing a 5K!  Friday night we particpated in the Yule Run, I'll Walk 5K that took us through the Christmas lights at 5/3 Ballpark.  They told me that they had fun.  I choose to believe that.  The boys did a great job and finished strong, running so fast across the finish line.  Too bad my camera died before I could get any pictures of their finish.

The group before the race.

Santa was there!  The boys wanted a picture with him and apparently Santa decided to use his super strength to pick them up.

Saturday morning we all went to the Hudsonville Christmas parade.  The boys had so much fun and were the most excited they've ever been to go to a parade.  The weather was perfect for a Christmas parade.  We couldn't have asked for a better morning.

 The boys waiting for the parade to start.  Seth in black, Noah in blue.

Noah spotted a friend of his across the street.  They were making faces at each other...

The boys were hesitant to go to the Christmas parade at first.  Last year we went to the Grand Rapids parade and the boys were terrified of the Grinch and there were 4 of them in that parade.  I told the boys that I didn't think there would be any in this parade because it was much smaller.  I was wrong.  Luckily they handled it well.

Chris told Noah to practice his 'Puss in Boots eyes' to get more candy during the parade.  This is what he was going for...

...this is what he got.  Hilarious.

Grinch number two.

 Saturday afternoon was the boys' birthday party at the bowling alley.  They insisted on having an Angry Birds party.


Seth

Noah got a strike!

Keira & Noah

Laney
 

We sang Happy Birthday to the boys individually.  Noah went first.  He had an interesting method to blow out his candles.  Surprisingly, most of the party-goers ate his cake after this because his was chocolate.

After a stern warning from me to NOT spit on his cake, it was Seth's turn in the spotlight.

Seth & Mommy

After the party, we came home to open gifts.


Seth's reaction to receiving the Angry Birds Star Wars game.  Thanks Gavynn & Riley!!

Grandpa was the rockstar of the party.  He wore a shirt to go along with the theme!
 


No photoshoot is complete without the silly faces picture.

Tuesday is Seth & Noah's actual birthday.  I can't believe my babies are going to be 5.  I'm ready for time to slow down a bit...

-Shelby






No comments:

Post a Comment

home study degrees guide
Provided by home study guide.