Thursday, February 14, 2013

Sledding, Birthday & Valentine's Day!


Over the weekend we went to the annual Wallace sledding party.  It is always so much fun!  Chris didn't go to the actual sledding portion of the party because of his crutches (or, as the boys call them, crunches) situation.  I offered to pull him in the sled over to the hill, but he wasn't interested.

Before they left, Chris told the boys that they needed to dress like ninjas since it was so cold outside.  Noah did a pretty good job.

 Seth was too busy eating snow off his glove to stand with his brother for a picture.

Sorensens!

We went back to Corinne and Matt's after sledding.  Check out this spread.  So much good food and  delicious additions to our hot chocolate.

Wierengas!

I think they enjoyed the pizza.

It's sad that I didn't get a pictures of our hosts!  Next time, Wallaces...next time.  Thank you so much for the VERY fun afternoon!

After the sledding party, I came home to a birthday party surprise!  Chris and the boys decorated the basement and got an ice cream cake (my favorite!) for me.  My boys are all so sweet.

Noah

My 'congratulations' sign.  Chris thought he had grabbed the 'Happy Birthday' banner.  He didn't realize he had this one until he got home and opened it.  It was too funny not to hang up.

The boys kept asking how old I was going to be on my birthday.  I asked them how old they thought I was and they both said '18'.  Then I asked them if 18 was old and they very smartly replied 'No'.  I'm sure Chris got some interesting looks when he asked the employee at the store to put 'Happy 18th' on a cake for his wife.

Chris let Seth & Noah pick out presents for me all by themselves.  Seth chose this gem of a t-shirt for me.  Yes, your eyes are fine.  It IS a tiger in a suit jacket holding a white cat.  It is now my favorite shirt because it's all sorts of awesome.

Noah chose some very comfy, colorful and warm socks.

The party popper was fun and festive.  It is definitely an outside item, though.  We tend to learn things the hard way.  I guess it's a good birthday party if you have to bring out the vacuum.

The boys cheat at pin the tail on the donkey.  No doubt.

See...the boys were numbers 7 & 12.  Chris was 11 and I (of course) was 18.  Cheaters.

Seth in my birthday party accessories.  He looked better in them than I did.

Last night I thought it would be fun to make heart-shaped rice krispie treats with the boys for Valentine's day.  On the way home from school, I was telling them all about it and what we were going to do.  I said 'Does that sound like a plan?' to which Noah replied 'I don't like your plan'.  I asked him why not and he told me 'That plan is boring'.  Gee...thanks, kid.  After we got home I got everything out to make them and told the boys to come in the kitchen to help.  Seth said he was too tired and Noah again said that it was boring.  I ended up making the treats all by myself.  They were interested in dipping them in chocolate, though.

Seth in green, Noah in black

This is a terrible picture, but it is so funny.

Today the boys had their Valentine's Day parties at PreK.  They had so much fun and brought back a ton of loot!

Seth with his card from Papa & Judy

Noah with his card from Papa & Judy

Mommy & Daddy got them special treats, too.

Noah received some stickers in his card.  He told us that we each needed two stickers.  Noah was in charge of sticker placement.  I had similarly placed stickers on my shirt.

Valentine's day loot.

Seth & Noahisms:
  • The other day Noah asked us if we would 'accord termite ninja turtles'.  I asked him if he meant would we 'record Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles'.  He said 'Yep!'.
  • Usually we say that Noah is the problem solver.  He can come up with a solution for anything.  Seth took that title from him a couple of days ago.  I had Seth in the car when we drove by a golf course.  Seth asked 'Why is no one playing golf?'.  I told him that it was probably because it was cold and snowy and the golfers probably wouldn't be able to see their golf balls'.  Seth, in a very matter of fact tone, said 'Well, I'm going to use a black golf ball so I can play golf in the snow'.  
  • Last night, Noah got into the bathtub before Seth.  When Seth came to the tub to get in he stopped and asked Noah 'Do I have to pay to get in?'.  After Noah told him 'Yes', Seth said 'How much?'.  Apparently the going rate to get in the bathtub is $15 because that's how much Noah said it could cost.
  • Tonight during dinner we were talking to the boys about when Papa & Judy are coming to visit and stay with them.  We told them that Mommy & Daddy were going to Las Vegas for a few days.  Seth looked worried and said 'Are you going to get lost?'.  I had to explain that we are going to LAS Vegas, not LOST Vegas.
One last cute picture...  We've received quite a bit of snow recently.  Our first born, furry child has loved it!

-Shelby

No comments:

Post a Comment

home study degrees guide
Provided by home study guide.