Sunday, June 30, 2013

Father's Day, Critter Barn & a Fun Run!

We have some catching up to do!

For Father's Day, we went to the Whitecaps game.  It was a great day!  We splurged on some really fun seats, the boys got to play catch with Chris on the field before the game and then they all got to run the bases after the game.  I know I had fun, the boys said they had a blast, but most importantly...Chris enjoyed himself.  He is the best dad.

Can you spot them on the field? The boys are in blue Whitecaps shirts with khaki shorts.

Our fun seats.  Seth on the left, Noah on the right.

In line to run the bases.

Noah

Seth

After running across home plate.

There were more pictures of our day, some with the boys on the field, some with the mascots and even a great family photo of all of us all taken with Chris' phone.  Those pictures are now somewhere in New Orleans.  Chris went to New Orleans for work and his phone went missing.  I've already teased him about it...mercilessly.

While Chris was in New Orleans last week, the boys and I decided to have some fun of our own and went to the Critter Barn to check out the critters.  All Noah could talk about was whether or not he would get to pet a chicken.

Seth on the left, Noah on the right.  Giant, insanely furry rabbit in the middle.

Seth

Noah was so excited to see the chicken.  Not sure why, but right now in this little boy's life he says that chickens are his favorite animal.  He wanted to get in this pen so badly.

Run, turkey, run!

Noah was so happy to hold the baby chicken...

...and the bunny rabbit.  Seth was not so interested.

The cats were more Seth's speed.

They insisted on having their picture taken on the pig bench.  Seth refused to smile nicely, though, and kept biting his bottom lip.

Telling them that they could take a 'silly face' picture was the only way to get them to cooperate.  I don't know if that's more the Hesterly or the Jenkins in them.

Noah was in chicken heaven.

Seth was saying to the peacock 'Peacock!  Put your feathers back up!'.

He was excited when it did and was convinced it was because he told it to.

Yesterday I did the Buck Creek 5K and the boys had a fun run.  There were several activities for the kids, so Chris and the boys were occupied while I was out for my run.

Seth

Noah

I found this picture on Chris' phone.  It is all very odd to me...from the lighting, to Seth's mid-air jump, to the creepy guy looking in the window near the little girl.

This had to have been taken while they were waiting for me to finish.  The end of the race was on the track and the sidewalk is where we came into the track.  This is where the boys and Chris were yelling for me!  I was surprised (and pleased) to see them at the top of the bleachers.

After my race, there was a 10K race before the kid's run.  We decided to go and grab some breakfast while the 10K was finishing up, before the boys had their race.  When we got back, the boys gave high-fives to an inflatable friend.

We also played some frisbee out in the field.

Before their race.  Noah thought he was hilarious.

Noah left, Seth right

I'm so proud of both of the boys.  It was a very short race, but they gave it their all.  Noah came in first and Seth came in second in their age group.  Noah was gloating for the rest of the day.

Seth & Noah with their ribbons.  Chris told them to hold them up like a necktie.  I guess only Noah knows what a necktie is.

Seth & Noahisms:
Just a couple of quick ones...
  • Noah and Seth are spending their summer at a program through the Hudsonville school district.  They are taking fun field trips and doing activities at one of the local elementary schools.  Part of their curriculum for the summer is to create journal entries.  Noah came home with this gem the other day.  No one helped him with his spelling.  He did it all by himself!  It's pretty great.
 
  •  On the way home the other day, Seth was telling me that someone was referring to the boys as 'the twins'.  I said 'That's O.K., you are twins'.  Seth very seriously said 'We aren't twins.  We don't have the same face!'.  Noah was taken aback and said 'Yes, we do!'.  Seth went on to say 'No, Noah has a green face and I have a regular face'.  Noah then became very concerned and asked 'Do I have green face??'. Seth clarified that Noah is a ninja turtle and he is Flash.  Apparently we have 'superhero kids'.  Noah was O.K. with that explanation.
-Shelby

No comments:

Post a Comment

home study degrees guide
Provided by home study guide.