Life with little boys is interesting. A couple of weeks ago I was gone for several days for work. The Friday that I returned, I had been home just a couple of minutes and was still standing in the kitchen holding my clothes when I heard a loud bump and then Noah started to cry. Chris went in to check on him and after I listened to Chris' reaction, I said 'Do we need to go to the hospital?'. Indeed we did. So, less than 5 minutes after being home, I was back in the car with Noah. He had been horsing around, fell, bonked his head on a wooden chest and split his forehead open. Poor little guy did NOT want to go to the hospital because he was scared that he was going to get stitches...again. I kept trying to reassure him that it didn't look like he would need stitches, but he didn't believe me. We got to the hospital and went straight back. I guess it was still early enough on Friday that people weren't out hurting themselves yet...everyone except Noah. A doctor came in, looked at me and the first thing he said was 'Did the same thing get him this time that gave him stitches in November?'. All I could do was hang my head and say no.
They took a quick look at him and determined that glue would take care of it. After they told him that he wasn't going to get stitches, he was awesome. He sat still while they cleaned it and was a little rock star. They also gave him Avengers stickers, which made him really happy. After a few more minutes and some glue application, we were ready to go. It was the
fastest emergency room trip I've ever experienced. I'm so glad it went well for Noah's sake. Since I whisked him out of the house before dinner, he was hungry. I told him we'd go through McDonald's for some food and maybe a milkshake. He told me that 'It's VERY important you get me a milkshake'. I hope he doesn't start bonking his head just to get milkshakes. Wouldn't put it past him. When we got home, he was all smiles. When he walked in the door, he threw both arms up straight in the air and declared 'WE'RE HOME!'. He was excited to show Seth his war wound.
It was really easy to tell them apart after that. The teachers at their summer program liked the gluehead. Turns out the boys try to fool them and are often successful. The doctor wanted the glue to stay on for 5 days. We were very careful and a little worried that it wouldn't stay on that long and his cut would scar. Turns out we didn't have anything to worry about. The glue didn't fall off for over a week and a half and that took a little 'coaxing' by me.
A couple of days after that, we went to the Ionia Free Fair. The boys rode some rides and played some games. We even went through the side show. The $2 admission was worth it just to see the six-legged cow.
Seth is in blue, Noah is in brown (and has the big glob of glue on his head).
They love the shirts Papa & Judy brought them from Alaska.
Noah wasn't tall enough to stand behind and get his face through the hole, so he jumped up and hung from the top. See...his feet aren't on the ground.
Slowly introducing them to roller coasters. Can't wait until they're tall enough to go on some big ones with us.
Last weekend, the boys ran in another kids run after my 5K. The kids race was 1/2 a mile. I told them before we started that this race was longer than others they had done and they needed to pace themselves and start slow. They didn't listen to one word I said and took off at a full sprint. I couldn't keep up with them! That didn't last long before they started walking and complaining that they were tired. They started running again, a little slower and finished strong.
Noah on the left, Seth right.
Noah in front, then Seth sprinting. I was way behind them somewhere.
-Shelby
No comments:
Post a Comment