The boys went and saw Santa a couple of weeks before Christmas! Seth told Santa he wanted a Nintendo DS, a dirt bike and Star Wars legos. Noah simply said he wanted a Teddy Bear. Both of them surprised us with their requests!
Noah on the left, Seth on the right.
We couldn't find a sitter the night of Chris' work holiday party, so Chris went to the party and I had a fun night with the boys. We went out to eat, had some ice cream and then came home to build a fort. The boys stayed up late watching Christmas movies and then slept in the fort by the light of the Christmas tree! They loved it. I slept in my own bed. There was no room for me, or so I told them.
We attended the boy's school Christmas Program. I'm happy to report that for the first time in our history of daycare and school Christmas programs, neither one of the boys picked their nose during the program!!! They both sang the songs and did all of the motions. It was adorable. They're still singing 'Oh Little Town of Bethlehem' and I love it.
Seth left, Noah right
Seth wrote a letter to Santa... For those needing translation, this is what it says: Dear Santa, I am sooo good. Santa you are the best Santa. Can you please give me a dirt bike. Love, Seth.
We have had quite a bit of snow lately! Chris decided to have the boys earn their keep, so he sent them out to shovel off the deck for Brody.
Seth
Noah thought getting snow off the rails with the broom was more important than shoveling where Brody walks.
The weekend before Christmas, we traveled to Grandma and Grandpa's house to spend time with them, great Grandma, Mike, Liza, Savannah and Declan.
Decorating cookies that the kids made with Grandma for Santa.
A few ninjabread men were made.
Declan found a nice place to lean.
This kid is sooo cute and sooo sweet! Just love him.
Savannah was the beautiful, sweet princess among all of the boys! She even had Uncle Chris help her with her earrings.
I'm sure Grandma and Grandpa were glad to see these go. Little dog puppets that burp and fart. Of course, the boys love them.
Noah
Zombie bobble head!
This year, we had a gift exchange of treasures we found at the dollar store. There were some lovely things exchanged. I received a pig bank that I get to paint myself! Chris received something that he cannot use because it is an item for a 'lady'. I'm not sure how to describe it here, but it was funny and a little awesome watching Chris open it.
The bigger kids joined in on the fun, too. These beauties were also found at the dollar store.
Noah, Savannah and Seth
It is getting more difficult to get a picture of all 4 of them all looking at the camera with nice smiles. Most of the trouble comes from my two...go figure.
Seth, Declan, Noah, Savannah
We were fortunate to have a fairly uneventful drive home. While we were away, there was quite an ice storm in Michigan. Thankfully, we never lost power, but thousands did. Christmas Eve day was absolutely gorgeous, the sun shined, it snowed, it was beautiful.
Leaving cookies and eggnog for Santa, carrots for the reindeer. Seth left, Noah right.
Christmas morning the boys gave us a gift! We told them the night before that they weren't to open presents without us, but apparently we didn't tell them that they could get us up. I have no idea how long they were up before we heard them. They didn't even knock on our door.
We continued to be mean by making them sit in front of the tree for pictures before opening presents. They're such good boys (most of the time).
They are really good about opening presents for the both of them together.
We took the boys shopping and let them choose gifts for each other. I also took them shopping for Chris and he took them shopping for me. We didn't spend much, but let them choose whatever they wanted. Noah chose this hat for Seth. Chris hid the jackpot with a tiny skull tie from Noah and a pink and red phone case (with a skull on it!) from Seth. I received a gorilla t-shirt from Noah and a green fuzzy pillow massager (I have no other way to explain it) from Seth.
Thank you Elmo, Uncle Bug, G and Ri! Noah now has his VERY OWN soccer ball!
After gifts, I made pancakes. In case you don't know what they are, I created Rudolphs, wreaths, Christmas trees and candy canes. These pancake creations will NOT become a Christmas tradition for two reasons: 1.) I suck at it. 2.) It takes too much time.
It was a wonderful Christmas. We are all so very blessed and the boys were spoiled!
Yesterday the boys built a snowman with Chris. Noah sacrificed a blow pop because he really wanted the snowman to have a red nose.
Noah, snowman, Seth
They had an extra carrot, so Noah decided the snowman needed a belly button.
We're ready to ring in 2014! Wishing health and happiness to all of our family and friends!
-Shelby

No comments:
Post a Comment