Now everyone in taekwondo is back to not being able to tell the boys apart. When we first started, Noah had glue on his head. Then he received his yellow stripe belt. For the first time in a while, the boys don't have anything to make it easy on the instructors to know who is who. Every once in a while I have to correct someone. During one class, an instructor kept telling Noah to switch feet. Noah switched feet each time she said it, but she didn't mean Noah. Seth kept standing there, she was growing increasingly frustrated and Noah was confused about why he had to keep switching feet! Once I realized what was going on I quietly corrected her. Oops.
We had a wonderful Thanksgiving! Uncle Bub, Elmo, Gavynn and Riley came to visit us! The kids played constantly and I very much enjoyed spending time with all of them. It had been about 6 months since we saw everyone.
Gavynn was thrilled that we got snow! They had a bit of a treacherous drive here through Benton Harbor, but they made it safe and sound. Thanksgiving morning, Chris and Bub took the kids sledding while Mindy and I stayed home to cook.
Noah, Riley, Gavynn and Seth
Noah, Gavynn and Seth making snow angels.
Riley
Noah
Seth
Gavynn
Presents on Thanksgiving? The boys got to open their birthday presents from Uncle Bub, Elmo, Gavynn and Riley and some suprise presents from Poppy & Yaya! Everything was a big hit!
We had a terrific meal (Mindy and I did a great job, if we say so ourselves). We were blessed with an abundance of food and ate entirely too much! It was a perfect holiday. Relaxed and easy.
More sledding on Friday!
We went out to eat Friday night. This picture of Seth & Gavynn is too cute not to share.
They left to head on home on Saturday, but not before we snapped some pictures of everyone!
Seth, Gavynn, Riley & Noah
Poor Gavynn. They love her. Sometimes a little too much.
Riley wanted to take our picture. Gavynn and Bub photobombed. Mindy photobombed their photobomb.
The boys declared that they think Gavynn and Riley should come to our house for Thanksgiving and stay until after Christmas. Are the Hesterlys game?
It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas at our house (cliche? Nah)! We put the tree up and we all enjoyed looking at the ornaments and hanging them up. Last year was rough. Thankfully this year it went much more smoothly!
Seth
Noah
A blurry Christmas tree picture is still a pretty Christmas tree picture. I still put icicles on our tree! I love it multi-colored and twinkly, just like my mom used to do!
On Friday, the kindergarten classes had a gingerbread decorating party. Chris and I were both able to attend. Chris went into Noah's class to help him and I was able to spend time with Seth in his class.
Noah
Seth
This is how Seth wanted to pose with his house. He was very specific!
Friday night, we went to the Christmas parade in downtown Grandville. We met up with our super fun friends, the Snellers! It was very cold, but the light snow made for a festive, winter wonderland. It was beautiful. You don't get very many good pictures at a night time Christmas parade, though. We were O.K. with that.
Santa's reindeer were there prior to the start of the parade!
Seth & Noahisms: A conversation in the car on the way to taekwondo:
Seth: Uncle Bub is your brother.
Noah: Uncle Mike is Daddy's brother.
Seth: Who is your daddy?
Me: Papa
Seth: Who is your mommy?
Me: Nanna. You met her when you were a baby.
Noah: Where is she?
Me: She died. She's in heaven.
Noah: So you only have a dad and no mom?
Seth: That's sad.
Noah: Yeah, it's sad. It will be O.K., Mommy.
Seth: You can get a new Mommy!
Me: No, Mommy's can't be replaced.
Seth: I don't want a new mommy!
Noah: Me, neither!
Seth: I don't want a new mommy or a new dog. I don't want a new anything. Is it fun in heaven?
Me: I'm sure it is.
Seth: I hope there's bowling in heaven.
Me: That would be fun!
Seth: And when you get a strike there is lightening in the sky. When you get a spare, there is thunder!
Now the boys think Nanna is bowling in heaven and having fun!
-Shelby
No comments:
Post a Comment