We stayed at The D in downtown Las Vegas and were shuttled to the strip in some very cool vehicles like this one.
While we were there, we went to the Secret Garden at the Mirage. Judging by the 8 million photos of dolphins on our phone, we must have enjoyed it.
While we were looking at the white tigers, one of Secret Garden employees pointed out that there was someone else there looking at the cats...
...Yep! That's Siegfried! He was just there to look at the animals and thank guests for their support in visiting. He was very gracious when we asked him for a photo.
Meanwhile, back in Michigan. Brr... This was taken a couple of weeks ago and we have had more snow since then.
I had sort of a big birthday last week and it was an absolutely wonderful weekend!
On that Friday when I arrived at work, I was surprised to find that my co-workers decorated my office.. There was a pastry and an iced tea waiting for me. They also brought in Sonic for lunch! So spoiled.
Friday night, Leslie, Liz and Corinne took me to Brush Studio to create masterpieces.
The boys had a belt test on Saturday. Both of them tested for their yellow belts. This was the first time that both of them have tested on the same day. The instructors were worried that they wouldn't be able to tell them apart. It was even suggested to me that I give one of them a mohawk. I didn't do that, can't make it too easy on them.
This picture is a little blurry, but Seth was so funny when Master Brad pretended that Seth was going to have to break all of these boards.
Seth
Noah
Noah left, Seth right
Sunday we had an indulgent birthday lunch at Red Lobster. I received a special cheddar bay biscuit.
There was no shortage of festive head wear for me to choose from!
Chris and the boys decorated the basement, bought me some thoughtful gifts and gave me an ice cream cake! All weekend I felt so blessed to have family and friends who care enough to celebrate my milestone birthday with me. It was overwhelming.
Tuesday at taekwondo, Seth and Noah were presented with their new yellow belts. They passed!
Noah
Seth
Friday I went to school to help with Noah's Valentine's party. Other than having to shoot him a couple of looks for burping loudly, we had a great time. After school, we all made chocolate dipped strawberries. I decided that this is going to be our new family Valentine's Day tradition.
Seth left, Noah right. This is what I get when I ask them to smile.
I think their favorite part was when Chris handed each of them a spoon and told them they could take a bite of the chocolate.
More Valentine's Day treats...
Today we took an impromptu trip to Holland State Park to see the effects of this crazy winter on Lake Michigan. Apparently we weren't the only ones. The parking lot was overflowing! It was absolutely amazing, though. Even though I've lived in Michigan for many years, this Missouri girl has not ever stepped foot on a frozen body of water. Not even the pond in our backyard. It just gives me the heebie jeebies. Today that all changed and I started big! We all took a little stroll on Lake Michigan. It was cold, but the sun was out and it was beautiful.
Noah in blue, Seth in black. They told me it was too bright.
You can see the lighthouse behind Seth. He's standing at the end of the pier. Not on the pier. Next to the pier.
Seth & Noahisms:
- Noah is growing a second row of teeth. Well, just one but we're calling it his shark took. The tooth fairy will make a visit to our house no later than Tuesday because if the baby tooth in front of it is not out by then....the dentist is going to take care of it for him. I'm about 99% sure we going to the dentist. That took isn't very wiggly.
- One day after school, the boys and I stopped by the gas station convenience store to pick up a couple of things. The conversation prior to getting out of the car went like this:
- Seth: I don't want to go in. I'm too tired too walk.
- Me: I can't leave you in the car by yourself.
- Seth: Yes you can. I'm too tired.
- Noah: Will we go to jail if you leave us alone?
- Me: No, but I will.
- Seth: What if no polices walk by? Then they won't see and I can be here by myself and they won't know.
- Me: You're too smart.
- Seth: Then I can stay in the car by myself, because I'm so smart. (I'm thinking his new motto is...it's only illegal if you get caught).
- The boys are starting to talk like teenage girls. On the way home from school the other day, Seth said 'I have 3 BFFs'. Noah said that he only had one.
- The boys' take on marriage:
- Noah: You can be married to one boy and two girls.
- Seth: I don't want to get married. I want to live with you for forever and not be married, Mommy.
- We were talking about what they want to be when they grow up. Noah said that he wanted to be an 'artist teacher'. Seth said he wanted to just be a 'regular teacher'.
- On the way to taekwondo, I was entertaining the boys by singing 'We're gonna go to taekwondo' in a very loud, very off key voice. I asked the boys if they liked my singing and Seth replied: 'Yes. If we were on American Idol, I'd say yes and you'd go to Hollywood'.
- Another conversation in the car. This one came out of the blue...like so many others:
- Noah: Boys are smarter than girls.
- Me: Hey! I'm a girl.
- Noah: 'Cept moms. Moms are smarter than kids.
- Seth: Bryton (friend at school) says that dads are are smarter than moms.
- Noah: No! They are the same smart!
- Seth: You are smarter than all dads, but daddy is a little bit smarter than you.
- Me: Ummm...what?
- Seth: OK, you're the same smart. Wait...you're a little smarter than Daddy. No, you're WAY smarter than Daddy.
- Me: That's better.
- Seth earned one million kid points by telling me 'When I was a baby, I wished for you to be my mommy'.
- Today in the car, the boys were playing Rock, Paper, Scissors. Chris and I heard them say 'Rock, paper, scissors, SHOOT!'. After a while we started hearing. 'You can't do gun two times!'. I told them that there wasn't a gun in rock, paper, scissors, but Noah said 'There is in OUR game!'. I asked him how it worked. He told us that nothing beats gun. After a lengthy explanation by Noah, I still don't get it.
- How to make a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. Written and illustrated by Seth:
'Put a bread out first'
'Spread the peanut butter on the bread.'
'Spread the jelly on the peanut butter.'
'Enjoy it.'
-Shelby




No comments:
Post a Comment