Sunday, March 30, 2014

Randonmess...

We still haven't been up to too much because of our long winter, but there are a few things I want to make sure I document so I can remember them later and torment the children. 

It is finally sunny with a reasonable temperature, so the boys are outside playing.  Before they went out, they asked if they had to put on snow pants.  When we told them no, they clapped and cheered.  I had no idea that they were so tired of putting on all of those clothes to go outside.  They were supposed to have their first baseball practice tomorrow evening, but even though the weather is a little better today, both of their practices for this week have been cancelled due to field conditions.  They will eventually get to play with their team...hopefully.

Last weekend we took the boys to another show in the Lollipops series by the Grand Rapids Symphony.  Once again we met up with the super cute Wallace girls (and their parents).  We all enjoyed it, but I'm sure the boys' favorite part was the sucker they get at the end.

This one is my favorite.  I got a lot more like this than the one above.

Chris taught the boys how to play Yahtzee.  They need help, but they love it.

Seth left.  Noah Right.

We also got a new game called Tenzi.  It has A LOT of dice rolled at the same time, so it's loud and chaotic.  Of course Seth and Noah want to play it all of the time.

On Friday, the boys were supposed to wear clothing of their favorite sports team.  Early Friday morning Noah came downstairs with a Packers jersey, a Whitecaps t-shirt, his taekwondo shirt and a Cardinals baseball cap.  Before I left for work I told him that he should choose just one shirt so that he wouldn't get too hot at school.  It appeared to Chris that Noah decided to go with his taekwondo shirt, even though Chris tried to get him to pick a different sports team.  Noah countered Chris' suggestion with 'But taekwondo is in the Olympics!'.  Can't argue with that logic, so off Noah went to school in what Chris thought was only the taekwondo shirt.   When they arrived at school, Noah suprised Chris by revealing that he was actually wearing three shirts.  This time, he went with a Hudsonville Eagles t-shirt and Packers jersey under his taekwondo shirt.  It must be harder than I thought for a little boy to decide on just one sports team to support.

Noah and his layers (and his goofy hair).

Yesterday Chris took the boys to Cabela's and found these gems.  Thankfully they didn't come home with them.
 Seth left, Noah right.

If you haven't already caught on, Noah is a bit of a sneak.  In addition to sneaking two extra shirts, he also has a tendency to sneak food into his room.  We thought he broke that habit, but last night I discovered 2 NutriGrain bars and a granola bar under his bed.  I also found an empty granola bar wrapper and several chocolate wrappers under the dresser.  His sneakiness doesn't end there.  He also attempts to sneak things to school.  Sometimes he's actually successful.  He took a softball in his coat pocket one day.  We had a tough time getting that giant ball out of his pocket.  We don't know how he got it in there or how we didn't notice.  We thought it would be fun to start documenting the things he tried sneak into his backpack.  These pictures are all from separate days.  The random assortment of items he tries to take is amusing.

This one he actually got to school.  It's plastic, of course.  It was fun being 'those parents'.

Chris found these just like this in his backpack...with the penguin in the crocodile's mouth.

Apparently one car isn't enough.

Last, but not least....

I was in the car with the boys the other day (so many good Seth & Noahisms start with...we were in the car) and they started talking about girls at school.  Most of the stories were about how the girls were hitting them.  I don't know how true these stories were, but I decided to play along.
  • Me: Why are you getting beaten up by girls?
  • Seth:  When I'm on the playground, all the girls chase me.
  • Noah:  Do you tell them to please stop?
  • Seth:  No, I kinda like it.

Then Noah went on to say 'In gym when I'm on a team and it's all girls and I'm the only boy, it's O.K.  I don't mind being surrounded by girls'.

They.Are.Trouble.

-Shelby

No comments:

Post a Comment

home study degrees guide
Provided by home study guide.