Tuesday, May 20, 2014

6 1/2

The boys are 6 1/2 today.  To them...this is a BIG deal!  They get so excited about their half birthday, so we can't help but to be excited, too.

Last year, Seth and Noah asked us several times if they could have a birthday party at the Whitecaps game.  Unfortunately for them, they have a November birthday and baseball season is a memory by the time their birthday rolls around.  A Whitecaps birthday party just isn't meant to be, but that doesn't mean we couldn't come up with something...  On Sunday we went to the Whitecaps game and the boys were a couple of several people to throw out a first pitch!  They were so excited.  Might as well take advantage of a May half birthday!

Seth left, Noah right.  Hanging out with Crash before heading on to the field.

Waiting by the pitcher's mound.

Noah was up first!

I snagged this picture of Noah off of the Whitecaps Facebook page.

Seth

The boys did great!  I was so proud.  When it was announced that they were 6 1/2, several people commented on how well they threw the ball.   Then I heard a lot of 'Are they twins?'.  Chris was in charge of taking pictures of their first pitch down on the field.  I was in charge of videoing this awesome opportunity.  Please note that on this blog there are only pictures.  No video.  I had one job.  One job and I messed it up.  I didn't know what order they were going to pitch, so I would start recording and then stop when I heard it wasn't one of my two.  Somewhere in the stopping and starting of the video, I got things mixed up.  I was recording when I didn't want to and accidentally stopped it when I wanted to record.  I have no video of the boys' pitch, but I have lots of video of the fence, the ground, my hand...you get the idea.  I was so upset.  Sorry boys!

I wanted to get a cute picture of Chris and the boys, but they weren't having it.  Chris decided to tickle them to get them to smile.  That was lots of fun until...they bonked heads from laughing.  This is the post-bonk picture.

After the Whitecaps won the game, the kids were invited down on the field to run the bases.  For the first time ever, it was requested that I join them on the field instead of Daddy.  Crazy!


It started out nice enough.  Noah on the left, Seth on right.

Another picture I snagged from the Whitecaps Facebook page!

By the 3rd baseline, they were wrestling for position.

 I finally got the picture I was hoping for outside after the game.

Random picture...Chris and I are noticing more and more freckles on the boys.  This is Seth.  He's so cute!  Chris asked them where they get their freckles from.  I'm happy to say it's from ME!

Last night, the boys were talking about their half birthday and Seth was telling me that his teacher was going to come over.  She lives just down the road and he was convinced that she told him to just walk down to her house, knock on the door and then she'd come over to our house.  Then he proceeded to tell me that he told his whole class about his half birthday, so naturally I asked him if he invited his whole class to our house.  He simply replied 'Yep!' and ran away.  Frankly, I was a little nervous that 22 kindergartners were going to show tonight.  Thankfully, they did not.

This morning the boys declared that they wanted to eat at Buffalo Wild Wings for dinner tonight.  I told them that Daddy was planning on grilling us some burgers to which Noah replied 'But it's our half birthday and we get to eat wherever we want!'.  Tonight it was warm and there were several kids out playing, so they boys decided that we could 'just eat at home and play outside'.  They think they have things figured out.  I made chocolate chip cupcakes just like I did last year.

Noah with his cupcake.  He is dirty, sweaty and oh so happy.  

Seth, cupcake and half-eaten burger.

-Shelby

No comments:

Post a Comment

home study degrees guide
Provided by home study guide.