Noah, Seth & Daddy
The boys saw a couple of other kids stick their fingers in the gorilla's nose, so of course they had to do it, too.
Noah
Not the greatest picture, but this Darth Vader made of Legos was amazing.
Noah was much more open to getting his picture taken than his brother.
Displaying their creations.
At the pizza place that night, the boys were coloring and answering the question about their favorite pizza toppings. Noah's simply said 'cheese'. This is Seth's. I like the way he thinks...
Last weekend, Chris took the boys to a carnival at their elementary school. I was at work, so it was just a boys morning. From all of the excited chatter, I could tell that they had fun.
Noah
Seth won the bake walk!
Daddy let them get their faces painted.
Noah somehow scored a design on both cheeks.
I don't know if it was too bright that day, or if they were just being silly.
Yesterday the boys had a baseball game and for the first time this season, it was warm! They were excited to wear their uniforms without long-sleeved shirts underneath. I love how they get excited about little things.
Seth
Noah
Today is this guy's birthday! Brody turns 8 years old today. We brought him home when he was just 8 weeks old. He had the sharpest little teeth and used them on everything. He was so little, sweet and cuddly. Now he's HUGE (almost 100 pounds), sweet and cuddly. When we first got him, we kept saying that we would be in trouble if he grew into his giant paws. He grew into them, for certain, but he is no trouble at all. He's always been so good (if not slightly annoyed) with the boys. He has put up with all of their antics and when he has enough, he just sighs and walks away. He is such a great dog.
Bub, Mindy, Gavynn and Riley were visiting us in Saugatuck when we got Brody...they even went with us to pick him up! Gav looks so little.
Today is also Mother's Day. I'm so lucky to be Seth and Noah's mom and to enjoy this day with them. I've always said, I feel like I special ordered them and God delivered. Not exactly in the way I had planned...having two at once was never on the order sheet...but I wouldn't have it any other way. I always said I wanted two little boys who looked like Chris. How did I get so lucky? They are so full of personality!
I'm so grateful to their teachers because they have been talking about Mother's Day for almost 2 weeks now and detailing all of the sweet things they were going to do for me. I know that these conversations started at school, so thank you Mrs. DeSmit and Mrs. Jacobson!
Seth told me that he was going to be really sweet to me on Mother's Day and clean the house. Then he said 'We can do whatever you want on Mother's Day, like go to the movie theater or Chuck E. Cheese'. That Seth, so giving.
Noah has a love for beef sticks. He knows I'm not a fan, but he said 'If you liked beef sticks I'd get you two on Mother's Day, but you don't'.
Noah answered a few questions about me at school:
They also said they would let me sleep in, but couldn't wait to show me the cards they made, so at early-thirty this morning I had two excited little boys in my room showing me their beautiful pictures. We also went to our traditional lunch at Red Lobster. This is the 5th year out of 6 that we went on Mother's Day. We only missed one year because our office moved buildings on Mother's Day weekend and I spent the day there.
This is my all-time favorite picture of the boys. It was taken just before my first Mother's Day.
Noah right side up, Seth is upside down.
The picture above was the first one I snapped in that mini photo-shoot in the living room. As I was going through pictures, I couldn't help but to post some of the ones that didn't come out quite so cute (there were A LOT of them). They made me smile. Look at the chub!
And here I am today with my two giant goofballs...
I miss Mom on this day in particular....
Happy Mother's Day to all of the amazing mothers out there who have been there for me, Chris and the boys and have been so supportive.
-Shelby

No comments:
Post a Comment