Seth in red, Noah in blue.
We went by the lake in St. Joseph and Noah immediately jumped up and said he wanted to take a picture with his LeapPad.
We arrived in Chicago mid-morning and after a little Chicago-style pizza, we went to the Field Museum.
First things first...check out Sue the T-Rex.
We weren't there very long and the boys declared that they were tired of walking. They eventually found the will to go on.
Seth didn't want to have his picture taken very much. Luckily Noah was all about it.
Always a ham...pretending the dinosaur was eating his hand.
As we walked through the dinosaur exhibit, there was information on several mass extinctions. As we went by number 5, Chris asked out loud how many there were...I jokingly responded with 'We're probably due another'. Noah hung his head and quietly said 'We're doomed' as we walked out of the room.
We all enjoyed the Biomechanics Exhibit within the Field. The boys got to see how hard a giraffe's heart must pump to get the blood to its brain.
At one exhibit, they sat in a chair and used a 'wing' to make themselves spin around.
At another exhibit, we learned about the hand strength of a chimpanzee and got to test our own hand strength. We found out that Chris' hand strength far exceeds that of the average adult male, the boys are right on target for their age and I have the hand strength of an 8 year old. Yep. Thankfully there are no pictures of that. All Chris said was 'That explains the jar problem in our house'.
Interesting things (that we didn't buy) in the gift shop.
After the museum we took a walk to the Buckingham Fountain and Cloud Gate.
Seth was still anti-picture.
After meeting up with Grandma and Grandpa, Seth and Noah left with them and Chris and I set out on our own.
It was a beautiful day, so we took a short trip on the Tall Ship Windy.
We went to a show at The Second City. It was hilarious, but we sat too close. Uncomfortably close. I recommend going, but don't sit in the front row. The performers would come to the edge of the stage and it was so close, I felt weird looking at them.
We also rented bikes and went along the lake shore and even stopped at the Lincoln Park Zoo.
We had a beautiful view of the river from our room...even though there was a giant crane!
After what sounds like an amazingly fun week with Grandpa and Grandma (thank you, thank you, thank you!), Chris' parents were so kind and brought the boys all the way back home.
Chris, Ron and Jan went golfing and the boys and I met up with them after to take them to the driving range. Now, all the boys want to do is play golf! Chris and Ron were trying to explain that you don't hit the golf ball like you're playing baseball.
Noah
Seth
The other big development in August...the boys are now riding their bikes without training wheels! It's about time! I think they could have easily done it last summer, but they simply didn't want to. Now they don't want to stop riding their bikes. Such big boys! They are doing GREAT except for the stopping part. Their idea of stopping is riding into a yard and bailing off of their bike.
Seth in gray, Noah in white.
The first night they rode without training wheels, we took them out for celebratory ice cream. They were so happy and proud of themselves...this picture was too cute not to share and post so they will remember that day. Seth left, Noah right.
Last, but certainly not least...Chris celebrated a birthday! The boys were intent on throwing him a Packer's birthday, so that's exactly what we did. They even chose special gifts for him, Packers Checkers, a Packer's ink pen and Packer's duct tape. Noah thought he was funny and chose a princess notebook for him, as well. After Chris opened the duct tape Noah said 'We can tape Seth to the wall!' We all laughed and thought he was joking. About an hour later, he walked up to Chris and very seriously said 'Can we tape Seth to the wall now?'. Chris was ready to do it, but Seth backed out.
We hope he enjoyed his special day because he's pretty special...
Seth & Noahisms:
- Noah has declared that all of the girls in the world are his girlfriends.
- We saw a commercial on TV for razors that showed a man shaving his belly. I told them that when they grow up, they were going to have hair on their chest. Seth asked if they needed to shave it. I told him no, that most men don't. He then asked me 'Do you like it?'. I responded yes, so he said 'Then you should get some'. I told him that women can't grow hair on their chest and his advice and reply was 'Eat some pickles!'.
- Noah should be a lawyer. He will argue with someone about anything. During one particularly frustrating conversation with him (where he was arguing with me about what day of the week it was) I said 'Must you argue with me on every point?'. He responded with 'Not every point'. Even that was an arugument.
- Up until a few days ago, the boys did not know exactly how old Chris and I are. They assumed I was 18 and turned 19 on my last birthday. I didn't lie exactly, but I didn't correct them. They thought Chris was 21. Now that they understand things a little better, they called me out and asked me how old I was...I finally responded truthfully. Sweet Seth said 'You don't look old!'. Noah tried to clarify and asked 'Are you 40 something?'. I corrected him and told him, no...that I'm just 40. Noah then turned his questions to Chris and asked him how old he is. Chris tried to say 30 something, but Noah made him admit his actual age. Then Noah said 'You look older than that!'. I like that kid. Chris then asked the boys who's older and they both said 'Mommy!'. Noah thinks that people continue to get taller and stronger as they get older, so he was confused and said ' But Mommy should be a little taller than Daddy'. I asked them who they think looks older and they both yelled 'Daddy!'. I love them. This finally admitting my age thing has worked out in my favor much more than I thought it would. The boys both think I look younger than Chris and Noah says that since I'm the oldest I get to be the boss and Daddy has to do all of the work around the house! I can live with being the oldest.
No comments:
Post a Comment