Monday, September 7, 2015

The end of summer vacation...

Tomorrow is the first day of school, so I feel like I need to do an end of summer wrap up...

In August, the boys were lucky enough to spend a week with Grandma and Grandpa in Wisconsin.  They look forward to that week every year because it's always so much fun and they are spoiled rotten!  Grandma and Grandpa took the ferry over and then took the boys back with them on the ferry.  Chris took them to Ludington early to pick them up so they could watch the boat come in.

After a fun-filled week that consisted of going to a cottage, swimming, playing at a waterpark, finding random transformers in someone's yard, eating ice cream and A LOT of other stuff, the boys were brought home by Grandma and Grandpa just in time for a birthday celebration!  Someone had a milestone birthday in August!  Since last year, Seth and Noah have been plotting to throw Chris a princess birthday party.  They didn't forget, so I obliged.  Apparently in this house, you don't get to decide your own birthday party theme.

The boys made cookies with Grandma and brought them home with them.

Chris loved it...haha...

We were all happy to throw a fun, little party for Chris.  He sure does make 40 look good!

Again, we ended up not getting one single picture of Grandma and Grandpa.  That's horrible of us!  Chris and I are so grateful for you and the boys adore you!  Thank you for making the time to whisk them away and love on them...

For one last summer outing, we took the boys to Michigan's Adventure.   Chris and I love riding roller coasters and have been waiting for the day that the boys were tall enough to ride and crossing our fingers that they would actually like them.  They didn't want to go on any of them, but...we talked them into it and they are roller coaster lovers, too!

Noah in red, Seth in green in front of their very first roller coaster.

Chris told them to act scared.

Every ride we wanted to boys to go on, they told us they didn't want to.  They even threw little fits, but were always glad that they rode the rides.  We told them that it was proof that we are smarter than them!  Ha.  They threw the biggest fit over the Corkscrew.  That roller coaster has a little corkscrew and goes upside down twice.   We looked like TERRIBLE parents because they cried all the way to the point that we were about to get on the ride.  We knew they would like it because it was much smoother than the wooden roller coaster that they had gone on twice.  They reluctantly got on the ride and when it was over, both of them yelled 'Let's do it again!'.  We ended up riding it 3 times that day.  Chris and I are already plotting where we are going to take them next year.  We each now have a buddy to ride coasters with!

Waiting to get on the Corkscrew for the 2nd or 3rd time.

We rode other rides, too, including the ones that got us all soaked.

We even bought the picture from the log ride.  We all decided to make silly faces and stick our tongues out for the picture.  Noah said he was blinking...

Chris and the boys were in the next to the last row.

After they got off the ride, Seth and Noah decided they wanted to wait to get splashed again.

Noah beat us all at one of the carnival games and won a new buddy.  He named him Tim.

I was off work on Friday, so Seth and I spent some quality time together.  He wanted to go to Craig's Cruisers...  We rode go karts, played mini golf and won tickets playing games.  He said it was a really fun day.

Seth & Noahisms:
  • The boys still call us Mommy & Daddy, but put a time limit on it.  In the spring, they told us that on the first day of 2nd grade, they were going to start calling us Mom & Dad.  Earlier this week, they informed me that they were going to be more flexible and continue to call us Mommy & Daddy even after they start 2nd grade.  I don't know how long it will last, but I'll take it.  
  • Even though they will continue to call us Mommy & Daddy, they are growing up and my love for them is starting to embarrass them.  At the open house at school this week, Seth and I were walking into his classroom and I simply said 'Come on, Sweetheart'.  Seth looked up at me mortified and said 'Don't call me sweetheart at school!'.
  • Also at the open house, Seth was sitting next to a friend filling out a questionnaire for the teacher.  Seth did not move from his spot right next to this friend and had been chatting with him.  Chris came to the class with Noah after being in his class and both of them walked in front of Seth and his friend.  The friend looked up at Noah and said 'Oh, hey Seth'.  All Noah said was 'I'm Noah'.  Seth...still sitting right next to him.  I think the little guy was confused.
  • The boys are plotting out their future.  They told Chris that when they get older, they are going to build a house and live in it together.  They aren't going to get married.  They also said they were going to have one cat and one dog.  Chris said that they originally said they wanted a lot of dogs, but Chris told them that they would have to take care of them.  They backed off and settled on one of each.  Noah has talked to me about it before and has told me 'I'm just not ready to marry'.  I told him that it's OK to not be ready to get married...he's only 7 after-all.
  • I know the boys have seen commercials for the movie 'Magic Mike' because when they do, they laugh and say that their job is to impress women (pretty insightful).  I didn't realize that they actually thought about it, though.  The other day in the car, completely out of the blue, this conversation happened:
    • Seth: "Mommy, wouldn't it be weird if Magic Mike were real?"
    • Me: "There are shows like that for real."
    • Seth: "Did you ever see a show like that?"
    • Me, reluctantly: "I have."
    • Seth: "Ooooohhh....You did? Oh my."
      • I think I disappointed my 7 year old.
 Tomorrow my big boys will be in 2nd grade!

-Shelby

No comments:

Post a Comment

home study degrees guide
Provided by home study guide.