Sunday, October 25, 2015

Lately...

We've been doing a few fall-ish things.  Of course we needed pumpkins, so we headed to Post Family Farm to play and choose a few.

You don't just pick pumpkins at Post, though.  You must play on the rope swing, zip line, check out the goats, eat donuts and eventually get around to taking a hay ride to got through a corn maze and then choose pumpkins.


Noah on the left, Seth on the right...on the hay ride.

My handsome men.  How in the world did I get so lucky?
Noah on the left, Seth on the right.

The only rule I had for them when picking pumpkins was that they had to be able to carry it themselves.  If we didn't make that rule, we would have needed a wheelbarrow to get the pumpkins they wanted.
 

Seth

Noah

We snapped these right before we left.  I just thought the setting was so pretty.
Seth was game...

Noah, not so much...

Last weekend, Chris took the boys to Grand Rapids Comic-Con.  They love going with him.  The three of them have gone every year and had a lot of fun.  The boys looked especially twinny that day because they had an assembly at school and each grade wore their Be The One shirts.

Seth on left, Noah on right. Or...Seth in the gray shoes with orange ties, Noah in the black shoes with blue ties.  Ha.

Seth

Noah

I was out of town on Saturday of last week, so the boys continued their weekend of fun by going to the Urban Hay Day fall festival in our little town.  They did everything, including carving pumpkins and riding a mechanical bull (ummm...OK).  Chris is such a great dad.

Noah

Seth

They went on a hay ride.  Noah had this face in all of Chris' pictures. He's gonna make it, I'm gonna post it.

Chris said that initially Noah wasn't too thrilled about the funnel cake because he didn't know what it was.  They both came around.

Seth & Noahisms:
  • Somehow the topic of girlfriends came up the other day.  Noah declared that he has THREE girlfriends.  I asked them who they were and he curtly replied 'People'.  Seth then blurted out 'One of his girlfriends is Hayden P!'.  (Hayden is a little girl who was in Noah's class last year and all they did was bicker).  I asked Noah if Hayden was one of his girlfriends and he said 'Of course not!', but then quietly said 'But if she was....it would be the ultimate love secret'.  I still don't know the truth.
  • Still on the topic of girlfriends, I got a glimpse into how 7 year olds decide if they want to love someone.  Noah shared this... 'Kenzie loves me, but I don't love her because she swung her jacket at me and her zipper almost hit my eye'.
  • Seth's response to all of this? 'People sure have some weird ideas these days'.
  • Seth was telling me about riding the mechanical bull.  He said 'The bull wriggled around like crazy'.  I asked them how Daddy did riding the bull.  Seth said 'Not quite as good as us.  You know why he didn't do good?  He did it one-handed'.
-Shelby

No comments:

Post a Comment

home study degrees guide
Provided by home study guide.