Thursday, February 4, 2016

Kitchen Remodel

Our kitchen remodel was complete 3 months ago, so I figured it was about time I posted the before and after pictures!

Before
The kitchen actually photographed fairly well. However...the cabinets were poor quality and were in bad shape.

During
We kept our appliances, but everything else was ripped out.  Including the floor. 

Chris helped out when he could.  I think the worst job he took on was pulling up the 1 million staples out of the subfloor.  Poor guy, what a miserable job.


Before/After




Ever read the book If You Give a Mouse a Cookie?  The thinking behind that book also applies to home updates.  Who would have thought?

It started with the floors.  We decided that since we were replacing the floor in the kitchen, we should also replace the floors in the half bath and laundry room so that they were all the same (we had two different types of flooring before).

We also had to paint the kitchen.  Since the kitchen was going to be painted and it opens up to the living room, the living room had to be painted.  Since the living room is open up to the 2nd floor, the stairwell and hallway upstairs had to be painted.  Since we were painting all of that, why not go ahead and paint the office...we didn't really like that color anyway.  Lots of paint.

The cabinets that were removed were a cherry color, which matched the mantle and banister on the stairs, so we updated those as well. I learned how to stain!


It took a little over two months from the day the first cabinet was ripped out until the final touches of paint were complete.  We are thoroughly enjoying it.  The boys were looking at these pictures while Chris was making the before and after shots and Seth said 'Our house looks better now'.  I agree.   It was an adventure having our refrigerator in the living room, but I'm glad it's back where it should be.

-Shelby

No comments:

Post a Comment

home study degrees guide
Provided by home study guide.