Tuesday, February 23, 2016

February....

Basketball season is almost over!  The boys have their last game on Saturday and just returned home from their last practice. 

A few pictures from a game a couple of weeks ago:

Seth
He gets frustrated.  Maybe this shouldn't have been the first picture!

Noah


I always get cracked up at how Noah sits on the bench....the kid next to him was pretty amusing, too.


This one gets frustrated, too.

We went to a Japanese steakhouse the other day.  Seth is prepping for his college days....just lemonade.

Chris decided to show his boy how it was done.  It was not lemonade.

I had to make an unexpected trip to Missouri earlier this month.  The reason I was there wasn't a happy one, but I loved seeing my family. 

While I was there, I worked at Onestringer as a trainee...

...and got the stink eye from Buddy for sleeping in Riley's bed.

Amazingly enough, I didn't get any other pictures!  Well...I did get a picture of the Hurt's donuts that we gorged on, but not any more actual family pictures.  I chose donut pictures over family pictures.  Shameful.  I did get some video, though, so I'm not all that terrible.

A couple of days after I got back, Seth was a little under the weather.  He even missed a basketball game.  I took this picture about 5 minutes after he got home from school.  The boys rarely fall asleep during the day and he fell asleep quickly and stayed asleep, which was no easy task.  We weren't exactly quiet.

My birthday had to be rescheduled, but that was OK.  I prefer to think the celebration was lengthened instead of delayed.  My boys threw me a nice, little party.  It was very thoughtful.  They got so many of my favorite things, Coke, chocolate cake, flowers, balloon, red and pink starburst (JUST the red and pink).



The balloon in the corner is enormous!  The boys keep asking when we can suck the helium out of it.  I'm not willing to let it go just yet.  Besides...that's too much helium!

My card from Seth

My card from Noah.  He said I was 19 last year, so I must be 20 this year.  He likes to tell me I look 19 years old and then quickly follow it up with 'Who is your favorite now??'.  Of course, he had to write the real age, too. 

We had a low key Valentine's Day (and had my birthday lunch at Hopcat and ate too many crack fries). Instead of chocolates, I made the boys special Valentine cookies. 


While I was away, Chris sent me face-swap pictures and videos.  Think this is disturbing?


Not as disturbing as this one.

Seth & Noahisms:
  • The boys dressed the exact same on Friday.  They came home from school and declared it 'Twins Day'.  They changed into matching pajamas and went so far as to coordinate their flossing and teeth brushing and called each other by the other one's name for the rest of the day.  I was informed that Wednesdays and Fridays will be twins days from here on out. 
  • Noah was trying to think of ways to earn money this summer.  Seth suggested a lemonade stand.  Noah loved that idea but wanted to expand the business model and said 'People can pay us a dollar for deep thoughts'.  I asked him to explain what it means and he said 'They give me a dollar and I will tell them what they should do for their future.  I hear people do that'. 
    • A little while later, Noah came to me and said 'Mommy, will you pay me a dollar for my thoughts?'.  When I told him that I didn't have a dollar on me, he said 'But you're missing out on a lot of good stuff in here!' while pointing to his head.

-Shelby

No comments:

Post a Comment

home study degrees guide
Provided by home study guide.