Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Easter 2016

Happy Easter...several days late.  Grandma and Grandpa were here to celebrate with us, but before we could get to Easter, we got to celebrate Grandpa's birthday with him!  Since he is such a big Green Bay Packers fan, Chris thought it would be hilarious if he had a Chiefs birthday party.  We ALL thought it was hilarious.  Well, maybe not all of us... Ron was a great sport about it, though!  We had cheesecake.  Cheesecake helps you forget your birthday party theme, or at least distract you.


I said he was a good sport!  Chris got a game that allowed us to throw things at Ron's head.  How fun is that?

Of course the boys had to try it for themselves.

Brody was not amused.

We once again did all of the Easter-y things like color eggs....


Seth

Noah

I baked a cake that had just a teensy bit of sugar.  It was easy and the boys thought it was 'cool', which is why I did it.

The boys left notes for the Easter Bunny.  They never disappoint.

Easter morning Noah quickly found his basket in a cabinet in the kitchen, but Seth's was in the basement and he was convinced that the Easter Bunny hid it in an 'impossible' place.

Noah left, Seth right

They also received fun cards from Papa and Judy!

What do you do with the eggs that you dye for Easter?  Display them?  Hide them for an egg hunt?  My boys EAT them on Easter morning...

...with cinnamon rolls that have sprinkles.

It was an absolutely gorgeous day.  We ate our Easter lunch out on the deck, had an egg hunt after and then the boys played outside the rest of the afternoon.

These crazies....

Seth & Noahisms & Randomness:
  • The boys shamed me into writing notes and putting them into their lunchboxes 'Mommy, why do you never give us notes in our lunch????'.  I gave them a couple of notes and they decided to reciprocate and put notes with my lunch.  We, apparently, don't do many things normal around here.  My notes had similar themes.

  • Noah's new batch of ants came in and they were all alive!! They have settled into their new home and started building tunnels.  I think Chris and I have enjoyed watching it more than the boys.  We also found out that there is also a roly-poly playground!  How fun is that?  You have to gather your own roly-polies, though.   

  • Seth has taken to leaving notes on the island as a new way to tattle on his brother.

  • We all filled out brackets for the NCAA tournament.  The boys took it seriously.  I wrote down random team names.  The winner gets to pick what we do for a family fun day.  I jokingly said that if I win, we're all going to get mani/pedis.  Turns out, there is no way I won't win!  The boys are not looking forward to our family 'fun' day!  We won't do that, but it's fun to torture them.
  • The boys were asking me about when I was young.  Seth asked me what I looked like when I was 2.  When I told him I'd show him a picture, he said 'Is it in black and white?'.
  • One day last week I told the boys that Chris was going to make us brats for dinner.  Noah came back with 'I hope they are from Wisconsin.  I only like brats from Wisconsin'.
  • Seth to Noah: 'Can you be quiet the rest of the day?  You're giving me headaches'.  This was said at 8:00 a.m.
-Shelby

No comments:

Post a Comment

home study degrees guide
Provided by home study guide.