We are keeping the tooth fairy busy around here. Last week, Seth lost a tooth at TGI Friday's while eating a gummy worm in his pajamas. Everything in that sentence is true, let me explain... The boys had a pajama day at school. We decided to let them choose if they wanted to wear them out to dinner and they said yes (truthfully, we didn't feel like arguing with them about it!). Seth was eating a dessert that had a gummy worm in it when I heard him say 'My tooth came out!'. I looked over, his tooth was on the table and his mouth was bloody. I knew that losing a tooth could sometimes be bloody, but I didn't realize how much until Seth lost one at a restaurant! Yuck. He was pretty excited and luckily there was an eagle-eyed server who brought over some napkins and a little container for the tooth.
At the mall in their pajamas. Oh, to be 8 again...
Both boys had a tooth growing behind a baby tooth and if the baby tooth didn't come out on their own, it would have to be pulled by the dentist. Same tooth for both of them...sometimes they take the twin thing a little far. The night Seth lost his tooth, he had A LOT he could have written to the tooth fairy (lost it at a restaurant, wearing pajamas, he was eating a gummy worm, etc.), but he opted to focus on something else.
Side note: Seth does NOT like it when I say he 'lost' his tooth. Every time I do, he says 'I didn't lose it, I knew where it was all along'. I can't get him to understand that it is just an expression of speech. Also, the tooth fairy must have been really busy that night, because she didn't make it to our house to get his tooth. We were worried about how Seth would take it, but he was perfectly fine. In fact, he didn't even want her to come the next night because he figured the longer she delayed, the more money he would get.
Last weekend, I worked while Chris took the boys to the carnival at their school. The boys had a great time, even though they were disappointed that they lost at the cake walk. They came home with cans of pop, so they were happy.
Back to how busy the tooth fairy has been... Due to the twin tooth business we had going on, I made an appointment for the boys to have the offending teeth pulled. I told them that if they could get the tooth out themselves, I would pay $10 on top of what the tooth fairy would bring them. Well, that didn't happen so both boys had a tooth pulled this week. I was convinced that Noah would be fine, but I was worried about Seth because he tends to be a little more dramatic. I got it 100% backward.
Noah was nervous and cried, but Seth handled it like a rockstar.
Noah was not pleased.
Noah's note for the tooth fairy.
Seth's note.
And, yes, the tooth fairy gave them a little bit more. I guess she figured that if they had to have the tooth removed by a dentist with a fancy pair of pliers, then it would be worth a little more.
We ordered Girl Scout cookies from our sweet little, Savannah. The boys were really excited when they arrived, so I wanted to get a picture to send to Savannah. This is the best I got. Noah is on the left, Seth on the right. Feel free to imagine me saying 'Boys, come on' after each picture. I gave up after the 4th one.
A little randomness...
Sometimes I forget how big Brody is (Seth is with him in the picture). He thinks the boys are OK. It only took 8 years.
Noah with Chris. We'll take the cuddles any way we can get them.
-Shelby
No comments:
Post a Comment