Tuesday, November 1, 2016

Halloween and Other Stuff..,

Halloween has come and gone!  The boys had a great night last night and got so much candy.  No joke, it is absolutely ridiculous!  I have bunch of pictures to share, but the order will be sort of random because I'm starting with Halloween....

Noah dressed as a University of Michigan football player and Seth dressed as a Michigan State football player.  For some reason, the boys have picked a team.  Since neither Chris nor I are native Michiganders, we have no preference (i.e.,we don't care.  At all.).  The boys keep trying to get us to pick which one we like best, but nope.  I just think the boys like to find competition in EVERYTHING.  Anyway, they looked cute.

Their Elmo (Mindy) is a rockstar in their eyes for many reasons, but most recently because she sent them these amazing decals for their helmets to complete their costumes!

Ridiculous amounts of candy.  I was gifted a small box of Milk Duds.  Gee, thanks.  The candy has been hidden.  I know where it is...and they go to sleep before me!  

Jumping around on this bloggy timeline, we prepared for Halloween by letting the boys carve pumpkins.  Chris gutted them to save time (they were disappointed they didn't do it), but they did everything else.

Noah left, Seth right

I had Halloween off from work, so I was able to go and watch the parade at the boys' school for the first time.


And then I went to Noah's Halloween party!

Noah sits a table of cute girls...he seems to like it.

That was our Halloween!

Continuing to jump around...last weekend, Grandma and Grandpa came to visit and stay with the boys so Chris and I could go and spend a couple of days at Fright Fest at Six Flags.


Just had to throw this in.  This picture is from a ride where you shoot bad guys and weird, flying robots.  I know I'm only in the top 40%, but look at my score compared to Chris'.  I think it's because I took it more seriously (according to the look on my face).

While we were away, Chris' parents got to see the boys play their last football game and took them to Post Family Farm for some fall fun.

Noah left, Seth right (with sun in his eyes)

They had so much fun and picked the pumpkins that they carved for Halloween!  They have the best grandparents.

When we got back from Six Flags, the boys took off to enjoy the last day of Grand Rapids Comic Con.  Chris has taken them every year and didn't want to miss this year.  Bonus was Grandpa got to go!

Thank you so much, again, to Grandma and Grandpa for coming to spoil the boys!!

Last week, the boys participated again in the Turkey Trot.  These two love to run.

Noah left, Seth right

It looked like mass chaos with all of the kids from all of the town's elementary schools waiting on the field.  It was apparently organized chaos because all of the kids got to their races on time.

Speaking of running (or in my case, very slow jogging), we participated in the Alger Heights Halloween 5K over the weekend.  Our super awesome neighbors joined us (or we joined them).  It was Seth and Noah's first 5K and they did amazing!  All of the boys impressed me and it was a lot of fun to complete the race with Ellen.  Next year we are going to make the boys dress up, too!

This cute picture of Seth was from the race's Facebook page.

Other randomness...

If you buy the Halloween bones Cheetohs, you can create a skeleton during dinner.

Chris woke up the other morning to this in our bedroom.

From another random conversation while in the car.  Out of the blue, Seth asked 'How old do you have to be to change your name?'.  I asked him why and then asked him what he wanted to change his name to.  Seth's preferred name is: Bobby Joe Cool.

And finally...

The boys' first football season is over!  They loved it and are convinced they want to play again next year.  We took the 'big camera' to a couple of games, but honestly, it's tough to get a picture where you actually know who is in it.  Must be why we have so many of their backs with their names.  One of the best things about the football season is that we met this amazing family.  I refuse to let them break up with us now that the season is over.

-Shelby

No comments:

Post a Comment

home study degrees guide
Provided by home study guide.