Wednesday, October 12, 2016

Catching Up...

A couple of weeks ago, the boys participated in a fundraiser for their school...Color The Park!  It was a 1.5 mile color run.  They called family members to ask them to sponsor them and got progressively better with each call they made.  Sorry Grandma, Grandpa, Uncle Mike and Auntie Liza...you all were the guinea pigs.

Seth left, Noah right

I clearly had trouble picking my favorite 'before' picture, so I just posted a bunch of them.

Seth took the run seriously and somehow found a big kid to run with.

Noah was a little more social.  He spent more time chatting with his friends.

And after...

Seth and his teacher.

Some of the teachers had leftover color, so the boys went back for more!

On the way home, we saw some neighbors hosing their kids off in the yard after the run.  Being good parents, we kicked the boys out of the car and had them hosed off, as well.

Last week, I was able to help chaperone a field trip with the 3rd grade class downtown to Art Prize.  It was fun, but it was a zoo!  Tons of local schools were downtown.  I had a group of 4 boys with another mom (Hi Cara!).

Seth with his teacher and some of his classmates.

Seth, Logan, Hayden and Noah (who is a goof).

There was a scavenger hunt that the kids could do.  Seth was really into it!  Almost every picture, he has the scavenger hunt in his hand.

It rained part of the day, but of course the kids didn't care.

The kids tied an orange ribbon after making a promise to be kind to others.

Our little group of 4 was obsessed with this installation.  The artist made all of the animals out of tin foil.  They were so disappointed that he didn't win!  He was kind, answered their million questions with patience and let them touch the art.  He was a big deal in their eyes.

We also checked out a few of the exhibits while in the Gerald R. Ford Presidential Museum.

And because I am the meanest mom on the planet, right after a fun field trip I took the boys for their flu shots!  Awesome.  They were troopers and I redeemed myself by taking them for milkshakes after.

Over the weekend, we went to the Grandville Fall Festival for a little bit of fall fun.  We STILL haven't gone and gotten pumpkins, so we're slacking this fall.

Seth

The boys were pretty good at this game and won twice.

This game was hilarious.  It was Hungry Hungry Hippos and the kids were attached to bungees and had to try and grab balls out of the middle.

They will never be bullriders.  They were terrible at it!

Other Randomness...

Seth wanted to cook something, so he looked in his kids cookbook and decided on a swirl cake.  I said yes and we got to cooking.  Maybe we should have started with a box cake because this was from scratch and was a little involved.  He stuck with it, though, and was proud of the finished product.

Seth was whining outside of my door for no reason.  I told him to come in my bedroom, but he refused.  I think I won in the waiting it out game.

A picture for no reason other than they were cute and were excited I took them for donuts....

And lastly, Noah is the kid who has things figured out.  He says he knows where he wants to go to college and what kind of house he wants to build when he's grown up.  He also has clear ideas on what he will do when he becomes a father.  Randomly (seriously out of the blue) in the car the other night, Seth asked me 'Did it hurt really bad when you had us'.  Of course I answered with a simple 'Yes'.  I know they don't know how babies are born, but Seth said 'That's why I'm glad I'm a boy!'.  Noah followed it up with 'Me, too! I'm glad I'm a boy and I'm not even going to watch when I have a kid.  I'm going to sit in another room, eat popcorn and Doritos and watch football'.

-Shelby

No comments:

Post a Comment

home study degrees guide
Provided by home study guide.