Wednesday, March 8, 2017

February!!

So.....it's been a while.  I have no excuse!  Here's a recap of our February.  I'll try to remember what actually went along with these pictures.

Early in the month, Chris and I went to the boys' school for their Writing Celebration Zoo.  All of the students wrote a book about an animal.  We sat with several students in both classes and enjoyed hearing them read from their book and tell us about the animal they chose.  We then could write some comments for each of them.  It was all pretty cute and the kids were so proud of themselves.

Seth brought home an invitation and asked Chris and I to go to his writing celebration.  Noah didn't invite us, he decided to invite Mr. Tom, the custodian at school.  He said 'You can just come and see me when you come for Seth's writing celebration'.  And...we did.

Seth

Noah

My boys threw me a little party, complete with delicious cupcakes (with more frosting than cake, yum!) and gifted me a new, larger mixer! Who wants me to bake them some cookies?


For several years, we have dipped strawberries in chocolate for Valentine's Day.  This year was no different.


Chris took this dynamic duo to a Grand Rapids Drive basketball game.  Don't let this picture fool you, the boys had a great time and ate lots of junk food.


The boys are playing basketball this winter at the Y.  They only have a couple of games yet and they have not won one.  Maybe they'll get one win...maybe.


My dad turned 70 on February 27th!  I was so glad I was able to go home and surprise him along with some family and friends at a small party for him.  It was a very quick weekend, but I thoroughly enjoyed time with my family and spending time with people who are like family.  My brother and Mindy put together some really nice touches for Dad's party.  All I did was show up.  I am so grateful for them.

I hope my dad felt loved and celebrated.  He is the best...

I had a pretty great welcoming party and awesome sign when I arrived in Springfield.


Other bits of randomness...

Seth said that this is how billionaires comb their hair and how they look.

These two have been dressing exactly the same more lately.  They are having too much fun messing with people.

They even went so far as to switch clothes.  Noah the Michigan fan wore Seth's State clothes and vice versa.  Noah said that it was 'ugly sweater day'.

Noah does not enjoy explaining his answer on his homework.

But he does like to throw in a little C+C Music Factory reference.  I wonder if his teacher got it...

-Shelby

No comments:

Post a Comment

home study degrees guide
Provided by home study guide.