Thursday, May 4, 2017

Finally getting around to it...

It's never too late to talk about Easter!

We had a nice, low key Easter.  The boys still want to color Easter eggs, so of course we did.  I hope they never grow out of it.

Noah left, Seth right

Waiting on eggs is boring.

Easter morning the boys looked for their baskets.  Noah found his fairly quickly, Seth got mad.  He looked for a long time, couldn't find it and made sure everybody knew that he had been wronged.  Finally, with a little bit of help, he found it.

Noah left, Seth right
They had already destroyed their baskets before I could get a picture.

After church and an afternoon at the home of a pretty spectacular family, we came home and hunted some eggs.  It was a good day.


In other randomness....

Everyone in the family filled out a bracket for March madness.  The winner got to pick where to go for dinner and the games that were played for a game night.  The winner was...Noah!  We went to dinner at Red Lobster (where he ate macaroni and cheese - I do not understand that kid) and played all sorts of games.  He was thrilled..

Both boys had pieces chosen for the Hudsonville Student Art Show.  This was the first time for both of them.  We made our way to the artist's reception at city hall to celebrate them and check out the amazing student art.


Noah

Seth

The boys received golf clubs for Christmas.  Chris took them out to the driving range to test them out.


Last week I took the boys to work with me for Take Our Daughters and Sons to Work Day.  I think they got a real representation of what it's like to work with all of the snacks, hot dog lunch, candy, etc.  If only.

The real success was getting them to wear a button up shirt!  They didn't tuck it in, but I'll take a small victory.  They were very good and hopefully learned a thing or two.

And just like that, baseball season is upon us.  The boys have started playing games.  So far they've won 2 and lost 2 and played like champs even in miserable cold and rain.  They haven't played baseball in over a year, but they are back in the swing of it and having a great time.

Noah left, Seth right

One last Seth & Noahism from this morning:

Me muttering under my breath: I'm losing my mind.
Seth: Really?  Like literally losing your mind?
Me: No, it's just an expression.
Seth: But what if you did lose your mind and it came out?
Me: Like it falls out?
Seth: Yes, your mind falls out of your ear.
Noah: Because it's so tiny.
Me:  WHAT???
Noah:  I didn't mean yours.

Sure kid.

-Shelby

No comments:

Post a Comment

home study degrees guide
Provided by home study guide.