Sunday, February 24, 2019

Winter blog post 2019


So obviously updating the blog more often was not a New Year's resolution.  My fault.

Since we posted last, it has snowed, snowed, snowed some more, ice stormed, snowed and snowed some more.  I'm sure I'm missing some.  Whilst snowing, the boys have started and finished swimming.  They competed in several meets and competed in the Championship.  Noah primarily stuck to backstroke and breast stroke, but did freestyle in a few relays.   Seth stuck to freestyle and backstroke and showed good improvement from year 1 to year 2.  Noah was selected to start at level 2 and he did a great job trying to catch up to the level 2 kids his first time out.

We went sledding a few times this winter and took the dog. I don't think she loved it. The boys had a blast though.  

The boys have been getting ready for Lacrosse, doing drills twice a week now that swimming has finished.  That should get them ready for practices when they start.

Hopefully the ugly weather will dissipate and we can get spring started before long. The boys are tired of being inside and with all of the missed school have had way too much together time.  Noah and I decided to go out just the two of us to a Griffins game while Seth and Shelby had some one on one time.  Need to do more of that kind of thing with them.  It's such a different dynamic having them one on one.  

In the meantime, go away winter.  Will post again sooner than two months from now (hopefully).






Seth (lane 6) and Noah (lane 1)

Noah had a great start.  Seth...meh

Snow = sledding

Trying out the new Sled Legs - reminds me of Johnny 5 from Short Circuit




Of course they made a jump

 On a different sledding trip we brought the dog and ran into friends

Sheer terror or excitement?   I'm guessing sheer terror.



Noah holding her for a run down the hill.


Mommy-son bowling

Rooting on the Chiefs in the AFC Championship.  Dang Patriots.

Colossal Cookie #1

Lots of snow also means lots of reading indoors

Christmas shirts worn proudly

Seth and I took Luca out to for some off leash training.




Seth and I went to check a sunset at frozen Lake Michigan - we froze our butts off.
But we got a few cool pictures.









Bored and it was too cold to go out and take pictures. Luca looked bored too. Photographic evidence.




Snow snow snow


Ice Ice Ice.


The dog park was icy slowing down the dog with webbed feet.  She wasn't the fastest for once.

On the way home we found some turkeys.


Shelby has upped her game and is now baking bread in addition to everything else.  It was awesome.






 Noah and I needed some fun time.  Took in a Griffins game just the two of us.  Went to Sudden Death and then a Shootout.  Griffins won on the last shot of the Shootout.  We had a blast.

Coming Soon - Lacrosse pictures.

-Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment

home study degrees guide
Provided by home study guide.