Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Buddies, buddies, and more buddies.

Quick update - It has been almost 5 days since Noah's surgery and he is doing fine.

Have you ever played catch with you sibling and found an extra ball, and then you each tried to throw a ball at the same time to create a mid-air collision? Apparently that happens as early as two years old. Who da thunk? BTW - its really bad when those balls are the really big two foot balls and it happens in the house.

We had the longest lunch ever yesterday. Shelby and I took Noah out for lunch since he was out of daycare recovering. At the end of lunch, we treated him to ice cream. He had was taking really really REALLY small spoonfuls.
Daddy: Can I help you with your ice cream!
Noah: NOOOOOOOOOO! I do it MYSELF DADDY!
Daddy: Can we go now?
Noah: No, I eat my ice cream all gone.
At the rate we were going we would have been there for another two hours. So I got him to look behind him, and Shelby made half the ice cream disappear. He turned around and looked (a little puzzled) at his ice cream, but he at least continued. When finished
Noah: I ate my ice cream ALL GONE! (as he held up the bowl to show us).
Daddy: Can we go now?
Noah: Yeah! (as he jumped out of his chair)

In shopping embarrassment news - As if Noah didn't embarrass Shelby enough the previous weekend with the "Is that my daddy?" questions, Seth tried to do the same this weekend. Seth, while in the grocery store, was announcing to everyone that he had coffee in his sippy cup.

We pulled out all of their stuffed animals (buddies) today, and put them in a basket in their room. Noah found 2 he wanted. Seth found 8. Of course Seth had to find a way to carry them all into the bedroom to get ready for bedtime. While relaxing in Mommy and Daddy's room before bed, they both tucked in all of the buddies under the covers with their heads out so they could see and then cuddled in with them. When it came time to go their bed, Noah picked up his 2 and went to bed, nice and easy. Seth tried to pick up his 8, and it looked like a scene from Keystone Kops. He'd pick up the last one and he'd drop two, then he'd pick up the last one and drop another. He struggled all the way to his bed. It was so funny, words are not doing it justice. Maybe the pictures below will help. Seth is sleeping with 8 buddies tonight.


The Buddies

Okay, here we go.Oops.
I can do this.
This is how he was walking...and yes, he dropped some more.

Okay funny story, we forgot he went to bed with a sticker on his shirt. When I went in his room in the morning I was shocked to see the sticker on his forehead. He thought he was being funny. He was right.


They are such big boys, putting arms, legs, eyes, and feet in all the right places. We didn't help or direct them.
-Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment

home study degrees guide
Provided by home study guide.