Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Perfecting "Blue Steel"

Over a year ago, on a whim and with encouragement from friends (you know who you are!), I sent the boys' photos to a local modeling agency. I never heard a response, didn't think much about it, and didn't take the time to pursue it. Recently my cell phone rang and it was the modeling agency. The first question they asked was how tall the boys are now. I told them and they said they wanted them at a photoshoot for Meijer - the next day!! Chris and I talked about it and decided that we wanted to do it, just to see what it's like, if they enjoy it, and to have a good story. The shoot was for an ad circular for Meijer that will be ran close to Christmas. They only needed one of the boys, so the other one would be 'back-up' and we would figure who would be most cooperative when we got there.

We arrived at the photo studio and were greeted by very nice people and snacks! The boys kicked back, had drinks and snacks and watched a movie. We also took some time to walk around the set and let them get used to the people there. The photographer even took the time to talk to the boys and help them feel at ease.

The decision as to who was going to do the photo shoot was an easy one. They wanted to take the boys to the set to check it out. Seth said "No". I offered him a cookie and the answer was still "No". I asked Noah the same question. He said "No". This is when I started to panic slightly. I offered Noah a cookie...that's all it took. He apparently is very motivated by cookies and I am not above bribery. He went up to the set with the photographer and checked it out.

Noah was going to be photographed with another little girl as part of a family picture. I found it interesting that they took pictures of the 'parents' and the 'kids' separately. They will put the two pictures together when the ad is created. They told us that they do this because if there is some sort of hold-up with the manufacturer of the clothing, they will just not put those pictures/people in the ad.

Noah was ready to go to hair and make-up when Seth announced to the entire group of people "Mommy, I SO poopy!". While Chris got to go with Noah to get his hair combed and put on the Thomas the Train PJs he was going to wear for the picture, I got to take Seth to change his diaper. Lucky me! By the time we got back, Noah was decked out in pajamas and on set with the cute little girl. Daddy stood off to the side to help corral. They placed a piece of tape on the floor as his mark. Daddy told him that the tape was choo choo tracks and Thomas needed to stay on the tracks. What an amazing trick! Noah was a champ staying on his mark. He did a great job and listened well to the photographer (most of the time). He did do a weird thing with his tongue at times, we can't figure that one out. Overall, the photographer and the folks from the ad agency were very pleased with Noah, thought he did a great job, and thinks the boys are adorable (we agree).

Seth had a great time. He told me that he wanted to watch Noah work. He was so proud of his little brother. Noah loved the pajamas so much he screamed when Chris went to take them off of him. Maybe we'll need to go to Meijer and get some. Hopefully his picture will end up in the ad. It was fun and will be a great keepsake for Noah. I have no idea if the modeling agency will ever call again, but it was a fun adventure if it's just this one time.

I took a few pictures. I couldn't use the flash because of the equipment there, so they aren't very clear. You'll get the idea, though.

Seth and Noah having a snack before the photo shoot.


Noah and his sweet co-star on set. Notice Daddy on the right hand side of the picture cheering him on.

They passed this present back and forth many times. It never got old for Noah.
We worked on Zoolander's 'Blue Steel' before pictures were taken, but they never quite got it. Something to work on....just in case we get another call.

-Shelby

No comments:

Post a Comment

home study degrees guide
Provided by home study guide.