Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Christmas 2010

We hope everyone had a wonderful, magical Christmas! We had a great time in Missouri at my Dad's house. We stayed for an entire week (which is rare for us) and were able to spend a lot of quality time with family and friends. The boys had a blast with Gavynn and Riley! A blast is an understatement, they were giddy all of the time with them around. We loved it, too, because they sure did burn off a lot of energy running around the house with their awesome cousins.

One evening we all went to Aunt Ninnie and Rod's house to enjoy some family time and food. I went early to listen to Christmas carols and laugh with Aunt Ninnie while Dad and Chris took the boys for some manly bonding at Bass Pro. Thank you so much, Aunt Ninnie and Rod, for having us over! It was great to spend time with you, Angie, Rob and their families.

The boys trying to decide which four-wheeler to let Papa buy them.

The kids, Aunt Ninnie included, cuddled up to watch 'Polar Express'.

The weather was decent most of the time while we were there so we took advantage of it! We took a trip to the park, went on walks, ran around in Papa's backyard and went to the Anderson's to see their cows.

Playing in the leaves with Gavynn.

Chris and a cow in a staring contest. I think the cow won.

The cows kept running away from the kids. I wonder why.

We were fortunate to have to have time to visit and catch up with loved ones. Hank, Judy, Zack and Ray Flageolle stopped by one afternoon. Aunt Ninnie and Rod came and spent time with us on Christmas Eve. On Christmas day, Aunt Jeannette and Uncle Duane came to tell us how cute all of the kids are. So much fun!

Judy and Noah

Seth wouldn't hold still for a picture, so we helped him hold still.

Aunt Ninnie and Rod trying to avoid the 'weapons'. They got the boys a really fun soccer net and ball for Christmas. Little did they know that the parts could be used against them.

Christmas morning was chaotic, but amazing! We destroyed Dad's living room and the kids had so much fun (have I said 'fun' enough?).

My brother and Mindy bought Dad the most beautiful bow. It is personalized in such a special way. I'm a sweet daughter and didn't post any pictures of him crying, even though there are several and I was tempted.

Maybe next time when I ask Dad what size family photo he wants he'll respond with something more specific than 'about yea big'. I'm sure this will look lovely in Dad and Judy's house. Ha Ha!


Did I mention that we had fun?? What a wonderful holiday. Now we're looking forward to Chris' parents coming to visit for a few days so that we can celebrate with them! The fun continues....

Since this will be our last post for 2010, I need to do a little housekeeping. I forgot to post pictures of Noah's ad! Noah made his debut in the 11/28/10 Meijer ad circular.

We had family photos taken in October. They turned out so much better than I could have imagined. Here are a few of my favorite. There is one in particular that I'm a little obsessed with. I love it so much. Can you guess which one it is??






-Shelby

No comments:

Post a Comment

home study degrees guide
Provided by home study guide.