We had a great Thanksgiving and were especially thankful that Papa stayed a few extra days after the birthday extravaganza to celebrate the holiday with us. I actually cooked a decent tasting turkey this year! I had nowhere to go but up considering last year the turkey was dry and the year before it was raw in the middle. The boys declared right before dinner that they didn't like turkey, so we called it chicken. We all ate too much and enjoyed pies prepared lovingly for us by our local Perkins.
The boys with their Papa. 
Thanksgiving night a visitor came to our house from the North Pole. Zippy the elf now sits and watches the boys and reports back to Santa at night. Seth and Noah love looking for Zippy in the morning to see where he is sitting for that day. Zippy has proven to be an effective bargaining tool. The other night Seth was fighting me at bedtime. I asked him if I needed to tell Zippy that he wasn't cooperating, he said "NO" and laid right down. I didn't hear a peep out of him the rest of the night.
Zippy keeping a watchful eye over the boys.

Over Thanksgiving weekend we decorated the house and put up the Christmas tree. The boys watched Rudolph while Chris and I did the bulk of the work (lucky!). They helped to put their special ornaments on the tree that they made last year. They love the tree, we just have to figure out how to keep them from touching it so much.
Seth

Noah
We had our first snowfall of the season this past week. It's been cold, so we've been in the house more than usual. The boys are finding ways to entertain themselves.
Ikea tubs store toys and little boys. They call this their 'choo choo train'.
Seth and Noah doing their favorite thing. So gross.

-Shelby
No comments:
Post a Comment