We took the boys to see Rio a couple of weeks ago. I was nervous about how they would behave, but was pleasantly surprised. They didn't talk too much during the movie and Noah only stood up one time to show me how the seat worked. Other than that, they sat still, ate their popcorn and enjoyed the movie. We arrived a bit too late and had to sit in the second row. Chris and I didn't care for it, but the boys didn't mind. I'm looking forward to taking them to see another movie...
Noah fell asleep toward the end of the movie. I have no idea how he could do that while sitting in the 2nd row! He must take after his Papa. Papa can sleep anywhere.
Seth was excited!
They were obsessed with this lion water fountain.
Checking out the prairie dogs.
Every time we go to feed the giraffes, I think someone is going to be too scared. Noah didn't want to the first year we went, but they've both loved it ever since. They could have stayed there all day feeding giraffes, but Mommy and Daddy would have gone broke spending that much money on lettuce to feed them!
Noah is on the left, Seth on the right.
These would have been good if they were trying to get a close look at the sky...not so good for looking at the animals. They need to grow just a bit more to be able to aim it in the right direction.
I'm going to admit publicly on this blog. I don't know which kid this is. I'm leaning toward Noah, but not sure.
Seth left, Noah right
There is no way that this would be a comfortable way to sleep.
Thanks, Noah, for blowing spit bubbles while Daddy tries to get a cute picture of the two of you.
That's a little better...
Seth
A lot of the time, the boys were more excited about seeing ants than they were the actual zoo animals.
Seth was excited to ride Tai Lung (the snow leopard from Kung Fu Panda) on the carousel.
The boys with the super cute Wallace girls, Keira and Laney.
Seth turned to Noah and asked him 'Is your hair hot?'
Then he checked for himself.
He was apparently very concerned.
Noah decided to check Seth's hair.
Noah
Seth
Daddy and the dinosaur.
Noah and the dinosaur.
The boys have graduated to big boy bikes! We took them to an empty parking lot last weekend and let them try them out. They love them! Seth caught on a little quicker than Noah and got really brave really quick on his bike. So brave, that he made me a bit nervous with how fast he wanted to go and how far away from us he peddled.
Noah
Seth
Seth
Noah
Of course we have more funny Seth & Noahisms. We'll get to those in another post!
Please remember, as time goes on, that the people of Joplin will need your ongoing prayers and support. I went to school and lived in Joplin for several years. That city holds a special place in my heart and is home to many amazing friends. All I ask is that you think of them, even as the story is no longer in the news or papers. It is going to take a long time for the city to recover, but it will...with help.
-Shelby
Shelby,Chris
ReplyDeleteI am loving these guys!!! They are getting so big and handsome. And I will keep Joplin in my prayers.
Thinking about you and keeping in touch
Cora B