Saturday, July 30, 2011

5K

Today we had a first for our family.  We ran a 5K together.  While this isn't technically the first 5K that Chris and I ran, it's the first one that we all did together.  The first 5K really doesn't count...it was in 2006, before the boys were born - this is our first one since then.

My goal for today was to finish without walking.  I did that, but very slowly.  Chris was AMAZING!  He finished with a great time (several minutes faster than me) and he pushed the boys in the double stroller.

After our race, Noah participated in a kids 1/2 mile fun run.  Just Noah.  Right before we went to line up Seth said 'I don't wanna race!', so he didn't.  Noah did great and he was really proud of himself.  He kept asking me to run with him.  I did some of it, but it wasn't easy considering we had just finished our race.  I couldn't turn him down.  We went through a traffic stop at one point and Noah was concerned that there was a red light, he thought we should stop.  Good thing it turned green, or he probably would have stopped in the road.  At least I know he's learning what the traffic lights mean!  Seth was a great cheerleader for Noah and brought him a drink and an apple when he was finished.

The family after our race, before the kids fun run.

Seth's 'I don't wanna race!' face.

Noah's 'But I wanna race' face.

Noah said he was stretching his legs.

Noah during his run.

Noah finished strong!  Seth was running along at the end trying to give him his apple...just a little early.

He is very proud of his medal.  As soon as he crossed the finish line he looked at me and said 'Did I win?'.

I had the best surprise at the finish line.  My friend Leslie and two of her handsome men, Jakob & Hendrik, were there cheering me on!  What a wonderful surprise!!  Thanks so much Leslie and boys for coming.  We all really appreciated it.
-Shelby

No comments:

Post a Comment

home study degrees guide
Provided by home study guide.