We had a nice, not very exciting (which is good) kind of weekend. Yesterday we went to a barbecue at my new office with my co-workers. It was a great opportunity to see the people I spend so much time with in a non-work mode and it was also wonderful to see their families. The boys had so much fun playing with all of the kids there. They came home with pockets full of Smarties thanks to a few people who snuck them in while we weren't looking.
Today we introduced the boys to the Wii.
Seth
Getting a driving lesson from Daddy.
They focused well playing Mario Kart, but trust me, if they're in the car with you and want to drive...don't let them.
Noah
Back seat driver?
They were surprisingly good at the chicken shooting game.
Noah played his own game of 'Digging for Gold'.
Next on the game agenda was bowling. They struggled with that one. Noah eventually improved a little. We found out exactly why Wii remotes have a strap...Seth let go of the remote every time he bowled.
A couple of quick stories to wrap up this post:
- Seth is a curious little thing and privacy is non-existent in this house right now. Earlier in the week, Seth came into the bathroom while I was in there. He proceeded to pull over the stool used for them to reach the sink, put it in front of me and sat down to chat. He said "Hi, Mommy! Are you going pee or poop?". I responded and he asked "Did you push your pee pee down?" (That's what we ask them to make sure things are pointed the right way when they sit down) I told him that I don't have a pee pee. He looked confused, stood up, bent over to see if he could look and said "Well, what you got?". That day, I learned to lock the door when I'm in the restroom and Seth learned a new word.
- Noah thinks he has super powers. About 75% of the time he refers to himself as Captain America. When I picked him up from school on Friday, several teachers said "Good bye, Captain America!". That, apparently, is what he opted to be for a good portion of the day. When he's at home and says he's Captain America, Seth is often told he's a 'naughty guy' that Captain America has to defeat.
No comments:
Post a Comment