Sunday, November 4, 2012

Halloween Festivities +

Chris and I have decided that we're getting into the really good age with the boys in respect to holidays...meaning the boys are really starting to completely understand and embrace holidays.  Halloween was no exception.

Last weekend, the boys and I made Halloween cupcakes.

Seth using the mixer with a little assistance from Noah.

Noah told Seth that he didn't need any help.

The boys also discovered that they could climb up one of the trees in our backyard.  This is not something that we taught them.  Must be in little boy DNA to eventually decide to climb a tree.

Noah

Seth and Noah had their class Halloween parties in Pre-K on Tuesday.  I volunteered to help with the party in Seth's class.  It was a little chaotic, but I think the kids had fun.  The boys LOVED getting to wear their knight costumes before the big day.  I'll get to help out with the holiday party in Noah's class next month.

Seth waited very patiently for the party to start.

He tossed candy corn bean bags into the jack-o-lantern and won a rubber ducky with a ghost costume.  Apparently this is HUGE to Pre-K kids.

The class iced and decorated pumpkin shaped sugar cookies.  

Seth with his cookie and mound of sprinkles.  He started to get hot in his costume, so he was gradually shedding layers.

Wednesday night, the boys could hardly wait to get home and put on their costumes.  For some reason, most of our pictures from Wednesday came out blurry.  We got a couple of good ones, though.  The weather was cool and rainy, but the boys stayed out for over an hour and we had 166 trick-or-treaters at our house.  That's just a few less than last year.

They both thought it would be a better picture if it were an action shot.
Seth left, Noah right.

Chris said that spontaneous sword fights would break out fairly often during their time out.  This made more than one passerby chuckle.

Our neighbor's (Ed & Jen) house was once again the place to be.  At least most of the kids stopped at our house before running next door.  Last year, several of them ran right past us to get there!

Seth & Noahisms:
  • Noah did not want to go over to Ed's house to trick-or-treat.  When Chris asked him why he didn't want to go he said 'I don't want Ed to cut my head off'.
  • As we were putting the boys to bed, Noah informed me that 'Ed scared me on Halloween, so I only like Christmas.  Next year I'm going to sleep on Halloween'.
  • Chris said that Seth went to about 10 more houses than Noah.  Noah preferred to hang back with Dad.
  • Both of them would yell TRICK OR TREAT without knocking on the door.  Chris tried to explain to them that they needed to knock on the door and then say it when they opened the it.  At the very next house, they waited until the homeowner opened the door and then yelled TRICK OR TREAT at the top of their lungs.  They were rewarded with extra candy from the homeowner for being the loudest all night and they will probably never listen to Chris again.
  • I often go back and forth with the boys about how much I love them.  Wednesday night I told Seth 'I love you more than Halloween'.  In reply, Seth said 'I love you more than porcupines'.  Is that a lot of love?
  • The boys came to my work for a little while on Friday.  When we were in my office, Seth asked 'Mommy, is this your office?'  I told them that this was where they let me sit.  Seth then asked, 'Why do they let you sit here?'.  After I told him I didn't know, Noah offered this solution: 'Is it because you're so smart?'.  We'll go with that one.
  • This may be one of the most memorable Seth & Noahisms:
    • Today we were having a nice afternoon.  Chris was watching football in the basement, I was on the computer and the boys were up in our bedroom, watching a movie for quiet time.  Our phone rang and Chris answered.  Next thing I hear is Chris stomping up the stairs, he looked over his shoulder and said 'Our boys called 911'.  Ummmm....what????  Turns out that during 'quiet time' the boys called 911 from the phone in the bedroom.  The 911 operator called back and told Chris that someone had dialed 911 from our phone number TWICE.  She even said that Seth & Noah called.  Turns out that they stayed on the line to answer some questions, the first being what their names were.  As she pressed on with questions, she also found out that Seth kicked Noah.  Guess Noah thought that it was important to share that with the 911 operator.  The second time they called, she basically only heard them talking and cartoons in the background.  Needless to say, we had a very stern talk with them about when it is and is not appropriate to call 911.  I still can't believe they did that.  And for the record....Noah was blamed for the whole thing and he didn't deny it.
-Shelby

No comments:

Post a Comment

home study degrees guide
Provided by home study guide.