Monday, January 26, 2015

Two Weekends of Fun!

Last weekend the boys and I participated in Mother/Son bowling for their school.  It's our second year in a row and it didn't disappoint.  The boys love bowling and we were fortunate enough to be teamed up with a really nice mom and her son who is also in 1st grade.

Seth in blue, Noah in red.  I need to take selfie lessons from Chris.

Team Jenkins had some luck.  Both boys won guessing games and won wwwaaaayyy to much candy. Of course, they loved it!  They were determined to eat ALL of the candy while watching the Packers game the next day.  Thank goodness that didn't happen.

So handsome...

I told them to hug.  This is what I got.  I asked Chris if the picture was 'blog worthy' and he said yes.  I was afraid it would become Exhibit A.  

Fast forward to this weekend...  The boys received Build-A-Bear gift cards for Christmas (shout out to Aunt Ninnie!).  They could not wait to go, so we went on Saturday.  Noah had been thinking about what he wanted to name his bear for days.  He even made a list and was upset that he left it at school.  Seth chose a Batman Bear and a Batman outfit.  Noah chose a camouflage bear and a Captain America outfit.  I tried to steer him in a different direction because of the camo + Captain America = ???, but Noah countered with 'But Captain America was in the Army!'.  Couldn't argue with that.

The names of the bears...  Well, let me introduce Pharrell (Batman bear) and Steve (Captain America bear).

Yesterday Chris took the boys to see the Harlem Globetrotters.  It apparently was an amazing boys' day because they are STILL talking about it!  They were so excited and enjoyed their time with their Daddy.

Seth left, Noah right.

Seth's face...  that kid.

I said 'Look at that kid with the crazy eyes', Seth said 'That's Noah!' and laughed.  He seemed surprised when I told him that it was not Noah.


Seth & Noahisms (slightly heavy on the Noah):
  • After Chris told the boys that they were going to the Harlem Globetrotters, he brought up some videos on the computer to show them what the Globetrotters were all about.  Seth was excited, but Noah ran from the computer saying 'I don't want to watch!  You will spoil all their moves!!'.
  • The other night the boys went and changed their pajama shirts so they would match.  They wanted to be 'twinsies'.  Ummm...
  • On the way home from school the other day, both boys were talking about hearts, veins, etc.  We got into a pretty in-depth conversation about how the heart pumps and where the blood goes.  Noah declared that he wanted to be a doctor.  Of course I loved that.  Seth then chimed in and said he wanted to be a scientist.  After that, Noah decided he changed his mind and he, too, wanted to be a scientist.  I told them that they could be a team of scientists and could work together to find cures for illnesses or discover somethin the world no one else has.  They were both very excited about that and Noah enthusiastically said 'Yes!  We could be a team of scientists and figure out how to grow mustaches!!'.  Then it went downhill.  After that, there was a long conversation about what kind of mustache they wanted.  Noah wants a long, brown mustache like Captain Hook.
  • The boys haven't been great about staying in bed after bedtime.  Noah, in particular, comes out of their room at least an hour after bed to ask the most random things.  It's like he lays there for a long time thinking of things and cannot help himself.  He HAS to get up and come and ask us. Two of my favorite, random sleep delaying questions that made us shake our heads:
    • What is Brody's middle name?
    • Can I take a blank piece of paper to school to make a snowflake?
  • I've written before about how Noah tends to smuggle things to school.  He has taken it to a new level.  Seth tattled on him that he had a camera in his coat pocket.  Noah handed it over and said that it was a friend's at school that let him borrow it.  Turns out, it was an old camera of ours.  I have no idea where he found it.  I also have no idea how he figured out how to use it.  He must have had the camera at school for a few days.  It was pretty amusing looking at the pictures he took...lots of selfies of himself with his friends (girls!).  He also must have given the camera to others to take pictures because there are a lot of pictures of just Noah.  I was worried about the camera being a distraction in the class and was worried that his teacher was upset with him.  Then I came across this picture.  Somehow, Noah got most of the class together (including the teacher!) to pose for a picture.

-Shelby

No comments:

Post a Comment

home study degrees guide
Provided by home study guide.