Once again, my boys spoiled me on my birthday. They decorated the house, got ice cream cupcakes (and frosted animal cookies!) and Seth & Noah put on an epic lip sync battle for entertainment.
Seth left, Noah right.
Seth and Noah took Valentine's Day very seriously this year. They decided who they wanted to ask to be their valentine weeks before the actual day. They made valentines and wanted to buy boxes of chocolate for two little girls. Seth's valentine is on the left. He made me pinky promise to not turn it over...which I did, of course. On the back he had written 'I love you Ava'.
On Friday I was able to sneak out of work a little early to attend both of their Valentine's Day parties. They were excited to see me, so I'm glad I made time to go.
Seth was too much of a goofball to smile for a picture.
In Noah's class I got to help him with a game. He proudly showed off his awesome bag to collect valentines.
Saturday was a busy day. The boys had a basketball game, but we made time to continue with our tradition of dipping strawberries in chocolate for Valentine's Day. I'm so glad we started this tradition!
- Noah has taken to drawing up his own 'secret plays' for basketball. They were so secret, he wouldn't show me. I had to sneak a picture after they went to bed. (So far in this one post, I've shown two examples of how I don't listen to my kids...Parent of the year right here)
- I love it when one of the boys show me that they truly are part Hesterly. Even though my family is far away, they still have an influence. Check out what Seth wants in the future...
- Ummm...he didn't learn this from me!
- Seth thought Noah had skills with the ladies. Noah told him that when he asked the girl in his class to be his valentine, the girl said yes. Seth wasn't having as much luck. Seth asked Noah if he would give him advice and they both decided they would talk about it after they went to bed. For 2 or 3 nights in a row, I had to tell them to quiet down in their room after bedtime because they were talking LOUDLY about valentines.
- After a while, Noah admitted that the little girl in his class did not say yes to being his valentine. They decided to call Uncle Bug (my brother) for advice. Questionable advice was given, but that's a different story... Bub told the boys that they were a great catch, to which Noah replied 'We are! We comb our hair every day before school!'. Seth followed up with 'Some days'. Noah is now convinced (and tells me frequently) that Uncle Bug is an expert with the ladies.
- On the same call with Bub, Seth shared that he is more concerned with Valentine's Day when they get older. He said 'When we get to high school we will have lots of girls wanting to be our valentine and it will be hard to pick'.
- During the half time presentation/devotional at their basketball game last week, the pastor was talking about how everyone is different and has something special. I saw Seth keep leaning over to the coach and talking to him instead of fully paying attention. I asked him about it later. He said he kept telling Coach Ben 'I don't get it!' because he and Noah are the same because they have the same face. I pointed out to him many things that make him different from Noah and he just kept saying 'I don't get it'. Twin troubles.
No comments:
Post a Comment