Sunday, March 29, 2015

Circus & the big breakup...

Weekend before last we skipped the school carnival and took the boys to the circus instead!  They agreed to it, so we aren't terrible parents.

This is the face Seth give us when he wants something.  I think here he is begging for an elephant ear.  This face never works...

There were pigs. Never would have guessed it.

There were a bunch of Elsas there, of course!  Why wouldn't there be a a bunch of Elsas at the circus?

Noah and I rode an elephant!

Even though my comments hint at sarcasm, overall the circus was entertaining.  There were a couple of acts that we couldn't quite figure out and the dancing was so bad Chris and I laughed, but....we all had fun and the boys loved it.  That's all we could have asked for.

Last weekend, we broke up the dynamic duo.  For the first time in their lives, the boys are sleeping in separate bedrooms.  I had always said that they would share a room until they decided they didn't want to anymore.  Well, that was inaccurate.  They shared a room until Chris and I couldn't take the bedtime and morning bickering anymore!  They have had rough bedtimes for a while now and we asked them if they would prefer separate rooms.  Every time they said no, they wanted to stay together, but Chris and I made an executive decision last weekend and moved the lower bunk bed into the playroom.  While they are both doing really well in their own rooms, Noah is LOVING it.  In fact, the first night they were separate Noah came out 3 different times to say 'I love having my own room!!'.

Noah made signs for his door almost immediately.

When I saw these, I reminded Noah that he doesn't have any property because he doesn't own anything.  He said with a smile on his face 'I know! That part is a joke!', then he got really serious and said 'But the keep out part, that's not a joke'.

The separation of the books and toys went better than expected.  There were no fights!  We put everything in the hall and they made the decision about what would go into each room.  Seth's dresser will be here tomorrow and then the separation of clothes will happen.  I don't expect that to go quite so smoothly, but hopefully I will be surprised.  Noah has been getting mad that Seth has been going into his room.  I have to keep reminding him that all of the clothes are still in there.

Noah stayed in their Star Wars room and we moved the little lego table in from the playroom.  He loves going into his room and playing with the legos and tinker toys all by himself. 

The thing that got Seth to agree to move into the playroom?  We told him he could have a Packer's room.  This arrived this week and he was thrilled.

 Today I took Seth to breakfast and Chris took Noah to a trail for a walk.

I think Brody had the most fun!

They are so cute.

Seth & Noahisms:
  • Noah is back with his random requests long after he goes to bed.  The other night he came out of his room more than an hour after bedtime to ask me if I had a heart-shaped cookie cutter.  He said he wanted to make a heart-shaped cookie for Santa and spell out 'I love you Santa' using spicy candy (red hots).
  • Seth and I were having a conversation and he was being pretty silly.  I asked him 'What am I going to do with you?'.  In his most sarcastic tone he replied 'Guess somebody's going to have to adopt me'.
  • The boys lately have been gleefully saying they want to do every single thing we think they shouldn't, for example:  I saw someone on TV that had a chain that attached her nose ring to her earring.  I said 'Don't ever do that'.  Seth immediately said 'That looks cool, I'm going to do that!' and Noah chimed in 'Me, too!'
  • This morning, Seth was asking me if I was rich because he saw that I had $10 in my billfold.  I told him that we are not rich, but we have everything and more that we need.  He said 'When we become rich, we will need to get a Cadillac.  If you're rich, you have a Cadillac'.
  • As I was finishing up writing these Seth & Noahisms, Noah gave me one more.  He must've been telling Seth about his walk with Chris because I just heard him from downstairs (loudly) say 'I got to pee in the woods!!'.
-Shelby


No comments:

Post a Comment

home study degrees guide
Provided by home study guide.