Sunday, April 12, 2015

Easter in Missouri

We spent Easter weekend and part of spring break in Missouri spending time with my family.  We packed in a lot!  The boys will have stories to tell when they return to school.

I had been wanting to go to Fantastic Caverns again for some time.  I hadn't been since I was little.  We were trying to decide what to do one day and Chris spoke up and said we should go, so we did!  I think we were all glad we went.

The touristy picture.  Gav has her eyes crossed and Noah has his tongue out!

  Noah, Gavynn & Seth
 

I asked the 3 of them to smile for me right before the tour.  This is all they gave me. 

Heading into the only ride-thru cave in America.

At my brother's house we were treated to an epic karaoke show.  Riley always puts on amazing performances for us.  This time, Noah got in on the act and wanted to sing several songs.  When it wasn't his turn, he cuddled with his Elmo and sang along.

Riley was Noah's backup dancer.

We did ALL of the Easter-y things, including coloring eggs....

Noah in blue, Seth in gray.

We forgot the boys' Easter baskets (oops), so Noah left the Easter bunny a note.  Thankfully the Easter bunny had extra baskets, so the boys had some treats in a basket on Easter morning.

Seth, Gavynn, Riley and Noah on Easter morning.

After church we went to Papa and Judy's house for lunch and a very competitive Easter egg hunt.

Gavynn and Noah jockeying for position.

Noah and Riley

Seth with Papa

 While we were there, we took the boys out to shoot for the first time.

 Noah

Seth

When Seth was shooting, Noah would watch and let him know how close he was to the bulls-eye.

Chris and I got in on the fun, too.

Of course, we went to Ava Drug for lunch, however....there has been a change.  Instead of nickel scoops of ice cream, they now charge a quarter per scoop!

Noah insisted on wearing Papa's hat.

Our last night there, we roasted hot dogs and marshmallows.


Noah, Papa and Seth

One of the primary reasons we went to Missouri when we did was because it was during grabbing season!  Unfortunately, the weather did not cooperate at all and conditions were not good to go grabbing.  The morning we left, we thought we would go out just to see if we would get lucky and see some fish.  There were no fish, but we got to enjoy some of the beautiful scenery (even with no leaves on the trees).  I'm so lucky to have grown up in such a beautiful place and can now share it with Chris and the boys.

We stopped at a tiny restaurant in Taneyville for lunch.  
Noah and his Papa.

And last, but not least...  Just minutes before getting in the car to go home, the boys HAD to have rides on the four-wheelers.

Seth & Papa

Noah & Judy

As always, the trips back home to Missouri are too short and there are so many people we didn't get to see, but I'm still so glad that we went.

Seth & Noahisms:
  • At Fantastic Caverns, Noah was 'that kid' on the tour.  You know, the one that raises his hand all the time to either ask a question or say something silly.  Within the first 5 minutes, he raised his hand and asked 'How many minutes is this going to take?'.  A few minutes later he asked 'Are there any bats in here?'.  He did not look pleased when the tour guide said that there are bats in every cave. 
  • After our tour of Fantastic Caverns, I asked Seth what his favorite part was.  He replied 'NOT seeing the bats'.
  • After Easter service at church, Noah got up from the pew, rubbed his rear and said 'Ugh, my glutes!'.
  • Also after Easter service, Chris took the boys to the restroom. While in there, Seth said 'Dad, I don't like Sundays'.  Chris asked him why not and he said 'Because I don't get to do what I want to do and on Easter'.  The associate pastor just happened to be in there at the same time.
  • When we were getting ready to shoot, both Seth and Noah were yelling at us to put on safety goggles!  I'm not sure where they got that.
  • A couple of days before we were to leave, Noah asked me when we were going to go home.  When I told him, he said 'We need to have more time to visit!' and then he tried to negotiate a day later in the week to come home.  I'm glad he feels that way.
Hope everyone had a wonderful Easter...

-Shelby

No comments:

Post a Comment

home study degrees guide
Provided by home study guide.