Thursday, May 14, 2015

It's been a while...

Time to catch up!

The boys had so much fun shooting baskets in Missouri at Uncle Bub and Elmo's house, my brother convinced us that the boys needed one at home. He was right.  Grandma and Grandpa came into town and Grandpa was lucky enough to help Chris dig the hole, pour concrete and put the whole thing together.  We are so nice to our visitors.  The day that Chris was actually able to put the hoop up, he sent me this picture with the caption 'Babysitter activated'.  It couldn't be more true.  The boys will stay out with the 'babysitter' for a long time.

Chris went to Wisconsin to a wedding almost 2 weeks ago, leaving me at home alone with the boys for a couple of days.  I failed at single parenting!  The boys were out front playing and I was busy in the house when I heard them come in and Seth said 'Mommy, I'm bleeding!'.  He didn't seem too panicked at the time and honestly, that is a statement I've heard more than once before (usually a little bitty skinned knee).  When he came around the corner, I knew it wasn't good.  Long story short, they were in the yard swinging golf clubs, Seth walked too close to Noah and got whacked in the forehead.  It was an accident, even Seth said it was, so it must be true.  I took one look at it and off we went to the emergency room.  Luckily, they were able to glue it instead of stitch it.  We were in the ER for a while, because it didn't want to stop bleeding. 

The boys had a baseball game that afternoon, of course we were late, but we had to show up because we were in charge of snacks!  Seth couldn't play that game, so he sat next to me with his ice pack.  He's been a trooper.  Most of the glue is still there, but everything is healing nicely.

The next day, I took the boys to the Whitecaps game.  They won tickets through a reading program at school.  We got there early so the boys could play catch on the field.  It was a gorgeous day and the boys had a blast because several of their school friends were there.

Noah in blue, Seth in orange

Noah even got a few autographs.  Seth wasn't interested in that part, at all.

I tried to get a picture of them while we were seated.  They weren't having any of it.

Chris was waiting for us when we arrived home after the game.  I told him that it doesn't appear I can be trusted alone with our kids.  But...no one got hit with a baseball at the game, so that makes me even...right?

Noah has had a VERY wiggly front tooth for a while.  Last week, he decided the best way to get the tooth out was to tie a string to it, tie the other end to a football and kick it.  Of course Chris and I shrugged our shoulders and said 'Why not?'.  Noah kicked the football, Seth kicked the football, Daddy did not kick the football.  Noah refused to let him.  The tooth didn't come out (it would have had he let Chris have a go at it!), but Noah was proud of his creativity.  He wasn't interested in the old string on the doorknob tooth-pulling strategy.

After a week of watching that tooth dangle from his mouth (it drove me CRAZY!), it finally came out today!  He ended up pulling it himself.  No football needed.


Seth & Noahisms:
  • Two of my co-workers retired recently.  I went to the store to get cards and took the boys with me.  They were curious and asked me what retiring means.  Seth asked 'Does it mean they are tired?'.  Noah asked 'Are they retiring from work'?  I told Noah yes and tried to explain what it means. Seth came back with 'So, they're quitting work?'.  I tried to explain that it was a little different than quitting and he said 'But they're just quitting, right?'.  I again tried to explain to him the difference and he said 'So, they quit?'.  I responded 'Yep, buddy, they quit'.  Good enough.  It was fun telling my friends congratulations on their quitting when I saw them the next day. 
  • Chris was telling the boys about a new car he was getting for work.  Both of them were really excited and said they wanted it to be red.  Then Noah got a serious look on his face and with an even more serious tone said 'Don't get a Mini Cooper'.  Chris asked him why not and he said 'Just don't'.  Neither one of us have a clue where that came from.
  • Noah told me he wants to be in a band.  The name of the band will be Monster Jam because they will play rock songs.  He wants to write songs and play in a stadium.  He also told me that the stadium will be by our house for his rock concerts.  He said he needed to be close so it would be a short drive and he could get there early to set up.  I told him he wouldn't have to set up because he'd have roadies to do that for him.  He said 'I want to help out'.  Then he said that he would also bring some girls.  Of course I asked him why he would do that and he replied 'To sing along with me'.  Well...of course.
  • Seth's response to Noah's detailed rock band plans?  'Rock music rots your brains'.
  • One evening I came home from work and both boys were sitting in time out when I thought they would be playing Xbox.  I asked Seth what happened and all he said was 'We couldn't work it out'.
  • Last weekend, Noah kept asking us if we wanted to join his drama club.  Of course we said yes, but I'm still not sure what this club is all about.  He keeps giving us jobs.  At first, my job was to draw Santa and elves and Chris was to draw a rainbow.  When we explained I'm terrible at drawing, he told me I could draw the rainbow.  Still not sure what it's for.
  • Noah was chewing a piece of gum and apparently wasn't doing it right because Seth said 'Noah doesn't know how to chew gum like a proper man'.
  • Noah screamed and Seth said 'You scared the living daylights out of me!'.  Noah asked him if he made that saying up and of course Seth took the credit. I told them that it was an old phrase and Seth did not make it up.  Noah asked if it was from the 19s and I said yes.  He then asked if I was alive in the 19s.  When I told him yes, both kids looked flabbergasted.  
  • Seth informed me that he was glad he wasn't a vegetarian.  He said 'I couldn't have bacon, that's why I'm not a vegetarian'.
  • The other night Noah said to me 'You should have your own room.  In the basement'.  When I asked him why I should move to the basement, he said 'I really want you to try it.  It's fun'.  I told him I used to have my own room and he asked 'Did you like it?'.  He feels bad for us because we 'have' to share a room.
  • Noah created his own money.  A $3 bill.  The person on the bill?  Noah.
-Shelby

No comments:

Post a Comment

home study degrees guide
Provided by home study guide.