Sunday, June 7, 2015

Summer!

Let the summer activities begin!  Including catching frogs...

Noah in gray, Seth in white.

A little over a week ago, I accompanied the boys on their field trip to the zoo.   Even though they are in different classes, they were both part of my 'group'.  We had one of their friends, Cameron, with us, too.  We lucked out and it was a beautiful day!  It was also VERY busy at the zoo....many elementary schools were there.

Seth left, Noah right.
This is Noah's 'new smile'.  It will make an appearance several times in this blog post.

Touching the stingrays.

Seth got a little tired at the end and was uninterested in getting his picture taken.  You can see him and his boredom in the background.

After we toured the zoo, they ate their lunch at the park and played for a while before heading back to school.

Seth

Noah was mad because I embarrassed him.  I don't even remember what I did, but it must've been good.  Look at that face!

Noah

Seth's Class.  His teacher was Mr. Weber.

Noah's class.  His teacher was Mrs. Faraci.

They wouldn't get a picture with me together, so I settled for one-on-ones.  This is Seth.

Noah

Friday was the boys' last day of 1st grade!  Their last day was filled with field day and grilled hot dogs. Not a bad last day of school.

Seth left, Noah right
 

And for comparison purposes...  This is them on their first day of 1st grade!  I think they've grown!
Seth on the left, Noah on the right.

Noah had a special request for milkshakes the last day of school, but he was very specific.  He wanted a milkshake in a glass.  Chris and I picked them up from school and we all went to Steak 'N Shake.

Noah

Seth

The excitement of the last day of school didn't end with milkshakes.  We had some serious tooth pulling Friday night.  Seth has had a crazy wiggly front tooth for some time now and he decided that it was coming out Friday night.  I offered to help, but he told me 'Only the person who was in your belly with me can wiggle my tooth'.  Noah quickly jumped in to help.


I thought it was funny that they were losing their teeth in the same order and wanted to get a picture of both of them missing the same tooth.  I got my picture!

Seth left, Noah right.

About 10 minutes after Seth lost his tooth, they no longer looked alike.  Noah lost his other front tooth!

The tooth fairy was busy at our house Friday night, visiting both of our boys.

The boys had their last baseball game on Saturday.  The season started off slow...meaning I didn't think they were going to win 1 game, but they really rallied in the end.  They won their first two games in the playoffs, which got them to the championship on Saturday.  Unfortunately, they lost that game, but overall they had a great season!  The coaches were great and they were on a team with some really cool kids.  They all improved so much.  Their team was sponsored by Peppino's and they graciously donated pizza after the game on Saturday and delivered it to the field.  That was pretty exciting for the team!

The boys are convinced they want to play baseball in the fall again, even though they have both said they want to play football and soccer in the fall.  Their favorite sport is usually the one they are playing or the one that just ended.  I'm not sure what they will settle on.  I'm just thrilled that they love sports and to be active.

Seth
A couple of coaches called him 'Red Shoes' since he was the only one with red cleats.
 

Noah

One of both of them!

-Shelby

No comments:

Post a Comment

home study degrees guide
Provided by home study guide.