Dad and Judy came to visit and then took the boys back to Missouri with them to spend time at their house and at my brother's.
Fishing with Papa at our house before they left. Noah in blue, Seth in white.
There were 1 million baby frogs in our yard. That may be an exaggeration, but... it was kind of amazing. They were EVERYWHERE. The ones in the bucket were just a few of them.
Can you see them?
We went to have ice cream and an impromptu football game broke out. Papa was right in the middle of it. He even sacrificed his body so to not fall on Seth. They both hit the ground... Papa was such a good sport.
Dad and Judy left with the boys, so Chris and I decided to spend the weekend in Silver Lake.
I had to...
The first night we had to get out on the dunes. Just the walk to get up to them was killer.
But it was worth it!
This is where we came back down. Amazingly enough, neither one of us toppled down or sprained an ankle.
That night we went to the lighthouse to watch the sunset.
The next morning we rented a dune buggy! So.Much.Fun. I let Chris do all of the driving...he only got us stuck once, which I think is pretty spectacular. We got out on the dunes before all of the more adventurous (i.e., crazy driving) people arrived.
The rest of our time was spent golfing, eating and wandering around Pentwater. On a whim, we decided to go to Ludington to see the S.S. Badger come in from Manitowoc.
We didn't pick a simple place to sit and enjoy the view.
See that little speck at the end of this sidewalk that really isn't a sidewalk? Well, that's where we decided to go. It was just us and bunch of seagulls. All of the smarter folks were on the other side at the lighthouse.
Mindy sent a few pictures. All I know is...I want to go to Cousin Camp next year! I want to go to both parts, too, Dad and Judy's and Bub and Mindy's.
Chris and I met Mindy in Springfield, IL for the exchange and had some lunch. They were excited to see us, but made it clear that they wanted to go back with Elmo.
This is them when we told them it was time to go. This is not our car. They climbed back in with Mindy.
Cousins Camp Director with the Michigan campers.
They finally got in our car, with a little a lot of coaxing.
Noah is still trying to figure out how he can go and live in Missouri with Papa & Judy and Uncle Bug, Elmo, Gav and Ri. He said he would miss us, but we could come and visit. Thanks Dad, Judy, Bub and Mindy for loving and spoiling them... They made some amazing memories that they won't forget (and they aren't letting us forget how inferior we are...ha!).
We traveled to Wisconsin to spend time with Grandma and Grandpa, Mike, Liza, Savannah and Declan over the 4th of July weekend. We were also able to attend the wedding of Chris' cousin, Cheyenne, at Lambeau Field.
Savannah and Declan were already at Grandma and Grandpa's house. Mike and Liza arrived later in the afternoon, Chris and I took the morning to spoil Savannah and Declan before they arrived.
I sent this thumbs-up (and bunny ear) picture to Liza before we took off...
First stop, spoiling lunch by seeking out the biggest donuts and delicious cookies we could find.
Savannah, Seth (crazy eyes) and Chris at lunch.
Noah and Declan
The next day we stole Savannah again to go to Fleet Farm. We found a way to control all of them.
Pouty-face Noah, Crazy-Eyes Seth and Precious Savannah
Ron and Jan live in a beautiful neighborhood with walking paths, an amazing park and splash pad.
Cheyenne's wedding at Lambeau was Friday night. It was beautiful. The ceremony was lovely and she looked gorgeous. Of course we had to take advantage of the location and take some pictures.
Seth in green, Noah in the stripes.
It was windy...obviously.
Oh, Noah...
When we say they can take a silly picture, this is never what we have in mind, but...they will regret this decisions (and all of the other ones like this) when they graduate from high school, graduate from college, get married, etc. etc.
Running amok.
They had a photobooth!
Savannah loved the cupcake! They were delicious...
Pile of cousins. Totally appropriate at a wedding.
We spent the 4th at Ron and Jan's and it was perfect. We played outside all day and ended the evening with fireworks.
Seth and Savannah relaxing.
Declan and Noah
Seth and Noah were actually really good at fowling! Don't know what fowling is? You're missing out...
Loved spending time with Savannah and Declan (oh and everyone else, too!). They are great kids! Love them so...
I don't remember what day we went to the splash pad, here's a picture anyway...
I'm still not sure how we take so many pictures, but miss getting them of everyone.
We rode the S.S. Badger home. The boat was almost at capacity, but we still played bingo and Noah and I won! Seth won the coloring contest and Chris, well, Chris was with us.
Noah with his winnings.
Working on their coloring contest entries.
Seth & Noahisms:
- On the drive to Wisconsin, Noah was totally plugged in. He watched movies and played his leap pad almost the entire time. Seth, on the other hand, spent most of the ride looking out the window and asking us questions. I think he just wanted to participate in whatever Chris and I were talking about and didn't want to miss anything. Noah was in his own little world.
- We stopped at a convenience store and I told the boys they could choose a small snack. Noah kept picking up enormous candy bars or bags of chips and I could overhear Seth say 'She's gonna say NO' to each thing. Seth knows me.
- Friday evening, Chris was telling me that there was an incident report for Seth from Eagles Nest. At that moment, I noticed a red mark on Seth's arm from across the room. I asked him what happened and he nonchalantly said 'I was sucking on it'.
- Someone was unhappy that I asked Seth to hold the giant bucket of popcorn for a picture.
- When one sucker just isn't enough.
-Shelby
No comments:
Post a Comment